Who Was The Ham Who Filmed Hamfests & Posted Them To YouTube ?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WB5AGF, Aug 12, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
  1. K6CPO

K6CPO Ham Member QRZ Page

K7AGE?

N3AWS likes this.
  2. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

3. KC0KEK

KC0KEK Ham Member QRZ Page

has some highlights from the November 2013 Lebanon, MO, hamfest that also was the ARRL Midwest convention.

4. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The big names in the ham video world have already been mentioned, lots of really great content out there from Burt, Gary and others. I will make a plug for DLabs, more geared towards antique radios/electronics but very enjoyable content. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRs15W2eE8Ugg4kXxOz0hSQ. His videos were so good, I was strongly considering driving to Michigan for the July event (plus a detour to the see the remains of The SS Edmund Fitzgerald) but COVID stopped that, maybe in 2022.

5. W0FS

W0FS Ham Member QRZ Page

Just Google "Hamfest photos" and you may have to pick and choose unless you want to spend a huge amount of time watching. Several pages of results.
    Clay W0FS

6. N1FM

N1FM Ham Member QRZ Page

Mike Whatley (no relation to me) was a professional camera man for NBC news, and he filmed several events, even running a ham station live while filming the John Hinckley Jr. trial in Washington D.C. and he has a web page that might have archives on it. Last time I was there he had interesting pics of his military service in VietNam. He was a camera pro with good equipment. I haven't been there in a while so it might be reorganized or buried or missing at this point, but you could always ask.

https://wa4d.radio/category/ham-radio/

KA4DPO and KC0KEK like this.
  7. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

Burt has a certain subsurface, acrimonious flair that endears him to so many of us! :)

Love his interviews. They are a gift.

K1OIK and (deleted member) like this.
  8. W1UO

W1UO Ham Member QRZ Page

9. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

The Dawg!

10. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I knew Mike pretty well when he lived here in the National Capitol Region.