ad: w5yi

Who Was The Ham Who Filmed Hamfests & Posted Them To YouTube ?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WB5AGF, Aug 12, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
  1. WB5AGF

WB5AGF Ham Member QRZ Page

Some time ago (maybe a year-or-more) I ran across a series of videos on YouTube that
    were of well known hamfests. My recollection is that it sounded as though the guy doing
    the filming had been doing it for some time (he also condusted interviews).

Now, with in-person hamfests on indefinite 'hold', it would be nice to be able to watch some
    of the videos of prior hamfests - but I can't remember enough to 'find' them on YouTube.

Hints would be appreciated.

- Paul, WB5AGF

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I know that Burt @K1OIK had a few that were entertaining to watch but I'm sure there are many others

Dave
    W7UUU

3. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Go to YouTube and search k1oik nearfest many have interviews.

WD0BCT and W7UUU like this.
  4. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I have always enjoyed your ham fest videos, Burt.

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN, NL7W, WD0BCT and 1 other person like this.
  5. WA2CWA

WA2CWA Ham Member QRZ Page

W5KUB, https://tmedlin.com/ video streams large hamfests like Hamvention each year. He may even do others and have all this stuff archived up on You Tube somewhere

ND6M likes this.
  6. KF0G

KF0G Ham Member QRZ Page

HamRadioNow with Gary Pierce kn4aq ?
    his zed page says
    In early 2012, I began a new on-line video podcast (television show, YouTube sensation) called HamRadioNow. In early 2018, I left the show and handed it off to my co-host, David Goldenberg W0DHG. I still make a guest shot now and then.
    111 11 [73]

N3AWS likes this.
  7. WB1GCM

WB1GCM Ham Member QRZ Page

K0NEB, Joe Eisenberg? "The CAT in the HAT". He does great videos!

W0FS and KF5FEI like this.
  8. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Burt has some good videos...but...best bet? Just get on YouTube and Google "Podunk Hamfest" or whatever. Also, some of the regular YouTube channels like Hamnation cover the more prominent hamfests.

K7MH likes this.
  9. KF5RRF

KF5RRF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

There's also Jason Johnston, KC5HWB, that's done a few hamfest videos. Do a search for Ham Radio 2.0 on YouTube and you'll find him.

W4NNF likes this.
  10. AD0HT

AD0HT Ham Member QRZ Page

K1OIK likes this.