ad: portazero-1

Who wants to be a moderator here?

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by AA7BQ, Aug 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I could give up my rather short ignore list.
    There are only two people on it, and I think one of them is banned.

KC9UDX likes this.
  2. KI4NGN

KI4NGN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Gotcha.

I think this job is being blown way out of proportion. As long as a post does not insult, degrade, humiliate, negatively characterize some op, directly or indirectly (some are very good with their insinuation or implied type posts), and as long as their are no site-forbidden words or phrases, then the content is irrelevant. These posts are easy for just about anyone to recognize because they don't address or refer to a message, but the messenger. I've seen several like that in this thread.

Go after an op and get caught, vacation time. Period. Go after the message, not the messenger.

3. AF6LJ

I can see what you post no problem...
    Besides I have already addressed the ignore issue.

4. KB0TT

KB0TT Ham Member QRZ Page

Fred .......

Just say NO ......

Sue likes almost all of these posts ...... Let her have it ( if you must have it ) ........

It is down her alley for sure ..... It would keep her BUSY ........

JB

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    AF6LJ likes this.
  5. KB0TT

I am probably the OTHER one .......

JB

6. KB0TT

Fred ,

Look @ the number of posts that SINGULAR posters have made in just THIS thread .......

In there is your answer ...... Just say NO ....

JB

WA7PRC and K9ASE like this.
  7. KI4NGN

Sorry, you didn't address until after I mentioned it, and you very recently posted in another thread that you had me on ignore. Since I am not banned, I could only surmise that I was the other on your list of two.

Doesn't matter. Now I know that you are reading my posts. :)

8. KI4NGN

I can't believe I used "their" above! LOL.... brain just doesn't always work correctly when typing. :)

9. AF6LJ

That's Cute
    I endorse this post. :D

10. W6UV

W6UV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Why not offer compensation to someone who takes on the hot-seat role of moderator on this forum? Probably easier to find someone who will do this job long-term.

11. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Winston Rothschild III might be available:
    [​IMG]
    He certainly is highly qualified (link):

"An enthusiastic entrepreneur with an unshakeable get-up-and-go attitude and a poor sense of smell, Winston is constantly looking for ways to promote his services. He is never seen without his trademark hip waders, white button-down shirt, bowtie and hard hat, and whenever given the chance, he will talk at length about his business ("which, as you know, is other people's business.")."

12. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

The salary could never be great enough and the pension fund is not assured. I'll pass.
    In saying that I realize that anyone who might voluntarily take the job would be highly suspect from the get go.

AF6LJ likes this.
  13. AF6LJ

You have to want to do it for the sake of helping out, it is not a task that should require a reward, other than knowing that you are working to benefit the forum and group.

K5FH and KC9UDX like this.
  14. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

Of course, but as we have seen in this thread that some view moderation as a level of blanket authority over others.

15. AF6LJ

Well everybody has their own view on what to do, the difference being; I have done it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.