Who makes galvanized towers in 12’ sections?

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by WA7F, Dec 6, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. WA7F

WA7F Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I’m looking at a used tower and trying to identify it. The owner is not a ham, the tower came with a property. He claims the sections are 12 foot long. I know that Heights makes 12’ aluminum sections but, the guy “thinks” it’s galvanized. It looks about like a Rohn 45G series. Any thoughts.

Ki7AAR

2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Ask him to weigh a section; or using a magnet might work.

3. WA7F

Already did. In the meantime I think I figured it out the mystery through some sleuthing through old classifieds. It’s a 45G.

4. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

I saw that one too. It's out of my price range right now because I don't want to lowball him that bad. ;)

5. WA7F

Too late. I bought that one and brought it home this weekend. It’s in great condition.

The new property owner has another 170’ 45G still standing with a broken beam on top that looks rather intimidating. Several elements are broken from icing and seem to be waiting to become spears falling on the unwary. Someone removed the lower beam but, it still has an Orion 2800 and TIC 1022. The owner is not a ham and he just wants it gone. I’m sure some enterprising ham or ham club could have it for removing it. Just be prepared to sign a waiver of liability and be very careful. That beam on top is no joke. Better hurry though, he is ready to cut the guys and let it drop.