Who is the Real Devil? Noise or the Operator?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KN6SD, May 3, 2021 at 5:52 PM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. WA1UIL

WA1UIL Ham Member QRZ Page

The only letters the grow light operators will get are Cable TV Bundle offers and notices that their car warrantee has expired. Ferrite's do squat for anything outside you home. I personally know 3 of the growers in my neighborhood and they smile and wave as they drive by. I HAVE pointed out the noise issue from their equipment and their response is" yeah, but the Chinese stuff works and is cheaper" and " grow is FAR better than paying State Regulated Taxed prices" Your pie in the sky solution is to have the ARRL or the Feces handle it. Trust me, it will go no where EVEN if they have the EXACT name and address. The ONLY noise I can rectify here is power line generated noise. Our Power Co responds to every complaint as it prevents outages later on. So I have had to resort to operating using only Websdr for receive as the noise does not let up.......ever. Am I happy about it?? no but its the only way aside from going mobil. I'm not sure the conditions there but count your blessings you don't have the RFI ALOT of us have. And here's some friendly advice: get your RFI free operating in now because it only a matter of time where you too will be using Websdr. (just my $.02)

2. KN6SD

KN6SD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

All I can say is my experience has been the opposite of yours. You may want to try another approach, Good luck!

3. KC7MAW

KC7MAW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow, it's just that simple. Until it's not.

WA1UIL likes this.