WHO HAS ONE OF THESE REMOTE DISPLAYS FOR '817+?

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by KA0USE, May 1, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: OK1UUad-1
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KA0USE

KA0USE Ham Member QRZ Page

KL7KN likes this.
  2. SA4MDN

SA4MDN Ham Member QRZ Page

more than likely the data port, check the pic showing the cables bundled up

3. KD1JT

KD1JT Ham Member QRZ Page

Why aren’t these sold in USA? all I see is China, NZ, and Turkey.

4. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Shipping and handling

Item location: Shen Zhen, China
    Shipping to: Worldwide
    Excludes: Alaska/Hawaii, APO/FPO, US Protectorates, American Samoa, Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, New Caledonia, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna, Western Samoa, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Hong Kong, Laos, Macau, Taiwan, Bermuda, Greenland, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), French Guiana, Guyana, Peru, Suriname, Venezuela, Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Congo, Republic of the, Côte d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon Republic, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Reunion, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Albania, Andorra, Gibraltar, Guernsey, Iceland, Jersey, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, San Marino, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Vatican City State, Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan Republic, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan

5. KD1JT

KD1JT Ham Member QRZ Page

Interestingly, the exclusions for international shipping names China ... huh? What I mean is why does no US radio dealer sell these? I'm not interested in waiting for a slow boat from China or a magic carpet from Turkey ... :)

6. WN1MB

I noticed that "China exclusion", too, and thought "WTF?"
    Good question - the answer to which may speak volumes on the integrity, or lack thereof, of the product and/or supplier.

KI5WW and KD1JT like this.
  7. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

...Or the Chinese manufacturer doesn't want his work copied and figures if you can't buy one there, he has a bit more time to turn a profit before the counterfeits show up.

8. WN1MB

Now THAT'S hilarious! A Chinese manufacturer worried about someone making cheap knock offs. Man, THAT'S a stretch!

WD4ELG and KL7KN like this.
  9. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

My internet barfed, so I didn't get to add to the post earlier. In looking at the photos, I saw a USB connector. I'm expectorating a PC runs the software to poll the radio and send the data to the display. No way the firmware in the display could contain all the codes to poll the various brands and models of radio. Or the USB cable could be to flash the display with the correct firmware for a particular radio. And I'm not sure how they are generating a waterfall on radios that don't offer it in the conventional form.

KD1JT likes this.
  10. KA0USE

KA0USE Ham Member QRZ Page

found it on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CatDisplay...rand=Unbranded&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

• Description:
    • Radio ECU new upgrade, 4.3-inch ips color screen, currently supports yaesu ft817/857/897/818, icom ic7000/703/706 series / 756/756pro/756pro2/756pro3/718/78, this upgrade adds long time recording and voice Automatic call function (settling & game tool), built-in 32G TF card, can record continuously for about three months, MP3 format, recording files can be saved to pc save editing by usb, voice automatic call interval 3s, 10s, 30s adjustable, Lifetime free software upgrades support more stations and add new features.
    Package:

CatDisplay 4.3” TFT Display x1

Yaesu cable x1

Upgrade line x1

32G TF Card x1

$174