who has an SDRPlay and TS-590SG setup?

Discussion in 'Software Defined Radio (SDR)' started by KG0MN, Jan 4, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KG0MN

KG0MN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have installed SDRPlay's SDRUno and have the cable that goes from the DRV output hooked up to the SDRPlay. I have also went into the menu and changed #85 - DRV Connection to Antenna. Then supposedly when you push the METER/DRV button it will send the signal to the SDRPlay. Have I missed step since I can see not signal on SDRUno when the button is pushed.

Thanks and 73,
    Kevin - KG0MN

2. N5AF

N5AF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I've used a SDRPlay with the TS-590SG. Worked great.

The video here walks you through the entire setup:

Good luck!

KS2G likes this.
  3. KG0MN

I saw the video before I bought the 590SG and installed it as described and the damn thing is still not working. It appears no signal is going to software. The SDRPlay works as I verified it by itself.

4. DK7OB

DK7OB Ham Member QRZ Page

- Can you connect a different receiver to the DRV output to check the TS590SG is configured/working correctly? Do you see the star symbol on the TS590SG display?
    - Is SDRUno showing signals if you connect the antenna directly to the RSP?
    - Is the cable that connects TS590SG and SDR working? I've been bitten by faulty cables or adapters in the past

(I was running RSP1 and RSP1A with TS590SG, but using gqrx software under Linux)

5. N4NYK

N4NYK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You have to push and hold down the DRV button until the asterisk is displayed on the TS-590. Then the output should be available to the SDR (if the RF connection is good.)

6. KG0MN

- Can you connect a different receiver to the DRV output to check the TS590SG is configured/working correctly? Do you see the star symbol on the TS590SG display?

I have a Peaberry SDR I will configure and try it.

- Is SDRUno showing signals if you connect the antenna directly to the RSP?

the SDRPlay works fine

- Is the cable that connects TS590SG and SDR working?

The cable is fine it is the one for the SDRPlay

7. KG0MN

Yes the DRV button was pushed until the asterisk appeared

8. N5AF

N5AF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Just a couple of things to check.

1. Is CAT control and Omnirig working? Can you control the 590 & SDRuno from the software and rig?

2. Make sure in SDRuno you have the correct antenna port selected. I've made that DOH! error once or twice.

9. K6RUV

K6RUV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Everything above is good advice. I have an SDRPLay RSP2 and at the beginning I tried to use SDRUno but was completely unsuccessful. I switched to SDR Console and have never looked back. It works great and all is good. Everything works. I have a 590sg and I use Kenwoods ARCP rig control, everything is interactive including the N3FJP logging program. You will need a port sharing utility and Kenwood has it free. Be real careful when playing with your DRV that you don't TX full power accidentally into your SDRPlay.

G4FUT likes this.
  10. KB5AKO

KB5AKO Ham Member QRZ Page