ad: KF7PMW-1

Who can make small engraved panel escutcheon labels?

Discussion in 'Ham Made Gear' started by KP4SX, Jun 8, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
  1. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I need about 8 for identifying the controls on this homebrew receiver. They would ideally be about 1-1.5" long, maybe 0.25" high with engraved lettering about 1/8" high.
    I'm thinking of something like those engraved name badges if they can de done this small.
    Open to other ideas that would look good on this receiver ...no decals or Dymo labels :)

Drop me an email or PM since I don't look at this section often.

Thanks!,
    Bill - KP4SX

gram.jpg

2. KB2SUJ

KB2SUJ Ham Member QRZ Page

3. KP4SX

4. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Heck with the labels for now - tell us more about the RECEIVER!!! :)

Dave
    W7UUU

KD8OCT and AD5HR like this.
  5. AD5HR

AD5HR Ham Member QRZ Page

^^^
    What Dave said!

W7UUU likes this.
  6. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I can make them.

Do you want Gold or Silver ?

7. KB2SUJ

KB2SUJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd contact them and see if they can accommodate you. Most places like this are just mom and pop businesses working out of a home garage. I know back in time, most hardware stores could have them made. The black laminate (black/white center layer/black) when engraved, the white center showed. You may also find a shop that makes/sells trophies can do it as well as some jewelry stores.

8. KP4SX

Let's talk. Contact me via email. Addy is good on QRZ.

9. KP4SX

Its an animal that morphed out of the George Grammar Superhet article in early 1940's Handbook and QST. 6K8 front end converter to a regenerative 6J7 detector around 1820kc as an IF. 1/2 a 6SN7 for First Audio and a 6K6 Audio Output. AC power supply using a SS bridge rectifier. The other 1/2 of the 6SN7 is a BFO.
    Say what? A BFO and a Regenerative Detector? Yeah, a bit unusual but there really is a difference in how it behaves plus you have more knobs to mess with :)
    Plug-in coils, covers Band 1- 2590-6475, Band 2 - 5640-12395 with upper side injection and Band 3- 10070-24995 depending on your choice of injection side. :)
    g1.jpg

g3.jpg

g6.jpg

qstphonya.jpg

KA3BQE, AD5HR, KB2SUJ and 1 other person like this.
  10. W1BR

W1BR Ham Member QRZ Page

Why markings? RME sold many radios that did not label the controls. They felt anyone owning their gear would know how to run it :) Nice work, as always, Bill! As I recall, some of those aluminum dial scale plates, similar to yours, did have markings as to their their purpose.