Who can help me?

Discussion in 'Becoming an Amateur Radio Operator/Upgrading Privi' started by DL4OK, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. DL4OK

    DL4OK Ham Member QRZ Page

    I am a german Radio-Amateur.
    1987 I passed the US-Extra-Class-Examination just for fun.
    Now I have to renew the Extra-Ticket and I need a U.S. Address.
    The FCC does not send the licence to Germany....
    Can someone help me?
    A c/o address would be good.

    73 de Andy (DL4OK)
  2. K7JBQ

    K7JBQ Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page


    If you passed the Extra in 1987, it would have been up for renewal in 1997.

    Did you renew it? If not, you're way past the grace period.

    What was your US call?

  3. KT7DAD

    KT7DAD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

    I think that sound a little fishy......
  4. KR2D

    KR2D Ham Member QRZ Page

    It's listed on his QRZ page: NX1S, still valid.
  5. KD0CAC

    KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

    Looks OK to Andy .
    How can I help ?
  6. W7ND

    W7ND Ham Member QRZ Page

    What about using a club or orgainzation's address for your US license. Also, I heard of people "moving" with their satellite companies to some random address like a bridge in order to get sports programming from another market. Just don't use 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW.
  7. AB2T

    AB2T Ham Member QRZ Page

    A club or contest shack might volunteer to "park" your Extra license. Maybe an American ham with a PO Box just for ham radio mail (QSLs, magazines etc.) might want to help. Hopefully someone will be willing to forward mail to you. We all know how long ham radio mail takes!

    Somewhat OT: One nice thing about Canada is that the operator licence is lifetime, no fee. When I eventually leave Canada I don't have to worry about "parking" my ticket somewhere. If I ever return to Canada to work or stay, I only need to pay a one-time nominal fee for the station license, pick a call, and get on the air. Downside is that somebody might've taken your call. Still, no worries if you never found a person/place to leave the license with: you're always have an operator's license, and never have to take a test ever again.

    ed.: The FCC should make the American license lifetime. I know hams object to this because of the SK issue and vanity callsigns. I forget what the Canadian rule on SK calls is, but it is very difficult to get a 2x2 (the "prestige" Canadian call) in the most populous provinces.

    73 Jordan, VA2AIT
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page