ad: vanity

Who believes in "Free Will"?

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by ZL1UZM, Feb 23, 2016.

Tags:
?

Who believes in "Free Will"?

1. Free Will exists

98 vote(s)
    89.1%
  2. Free Will does not exist

12 vote(s)
    10.9%
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: QSOToday-1
  1. ZL1UZM

ZL1UZM Ham Member QRZ Page

I got interested in ants when I was a toddler. They are amazing creatures that fascinate me.
    I did many experiments with them. They are highly intelligent. When they make a mistake, they think about it for a while and then return to confirm their findings. After that, they learned their lesson and quit pursuing their goal.

I put ants of the same species, but from different colonies in a jar and they fought each other to their deaths.
    Ants from the same colony didn't do that.
    They behave just like tiny humans.

Different levels of consciousness.
    Correct is the one who won the war.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  2. W9JEF

W9JEF Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

From what I can gather, these "supercomputers" have an extremely high operational rate, a
    large database, and can do lots of simultaneous computation, often with parallel computers.
    None of which I am comparably capable of, yet I am conscious. What do these "supercomputers"
    really "know"--besides the compulsion to obey basic natural and mathematical law, and either automatically take action or display results for human interpretation?

http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/supercomputer

3. WA3YAY

WA3YAY Ham Member QRZ Page

I choose to not participate in this conversation. But The Almighty knew that already. :D

4. ZL1UZM

ZL1UZM Ham Member QRZ Page

I know I have no Free Will, but I have to believe in it because I got no other choice.

5. G6URM

G6URM Ham Member QRZ Page

who is will and what got him in the pokey ?? ....................................................

6. AE4TJ

AE4TJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

We have the freedom to chose but, God will make those choices work out according to his plan.
    Satin tempted Eve, Eve CHOSE to long for Adam's position, Adam CHOSE not to fulfill his role as head of Eve and protect / correct her, man fell, Gods plan of salvation will fulfill His goal.

In Deuteronomy 17:14 - 15 God is foretelling His People that they will ask for a king. In Deuteronomy 28 God tells His People what will happen if they CHOSE to obey, and what will happen if they CHOSE not to obey.

In 1 Samuel 10:19 God gave them their Choice and to this day His People, Christian, and Hebrew, are living with that CHOICE.

Americans made a Choice to form a government based on Their authority and not God's. Today we are seeing the results played out as America follow all the other empires before us down the same path of destruction.

You have a Choice to accept God's plant of salvation in the person and blood of Jesus Christ as atonement for your sins and enter Heaven, or reject Him and spend eternity in Hell.

In His Service,

AE4TJ

7. N4UP

N4UP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I cannot vote, given the black-or-white binary choices available. I do not believe it is a matter of merely one or the other, destiny or freewill. I believe life is a combination of destiny and free will. IF we do nothing, then "external forces" will do to us. IF we do something, then we have changed the karmic equation ( or perhaps we only suffer the illusion that we have changed the equation ). In other words, some things I can change, some things I cannot change. But it doesn't really matter, because I am ( much of the time ) busy having fun playing on the radio.

N2EY likes this.
  8. OH2FFY

OH2FFY Ham Member QRZ Page

It is said that denying that a person has free will dehumanizes them , or in other words diminishes the part of the psyche that uniquely identifies us as human , and lower us to the state of animals.
    Murderers that claim that they do not have free will do not get off with that excuse , yet if free will doesn't exist and we are running on advanced , but nevertheless per-arranged programming then we cannot be held accountable for our actions.

The question of 'do we have free will' will only be answered when we understand perfectly what consciousness is .... and if the conclusion is that we don't have it , then we will have to open the gates of the prisons and let all those poor innocent people out.

gregW:) OH2FFY

N2EY likes this.
  9. AE1N

AE1N Ham Member QRZ Page

dilbert-on-free-will.jpg

OR
    freewill-illusion.jpg

73, Layne AE1N

Attached Files:

10. OH2FFY

OH2FFY Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]

Funny , but not accurate.

If the cow looks closely he can see the outcome is the same either way , so no matter what his choice is of the two the result is the same.
    How about if he takes the third option , turn around and walk the other way , or how about he pulls up a chair and watches TV.

This illustration only makes sense if there are only two options provided , if the result is the same either way , and if he is FORCED to decide between the only two options at the time.

Real life doesn't work that way.
    We make decision upon decisions in an infinitely changing variable of future possibilities.

Now if he can't see the outcome of his decision , one where both of his choices works out bad for him , then it is a deception. , a no win situation , a trap of fixed circumstance.

Real life doesn't work that way either., unless your really unlucky.

gregW:) OH2FFY

N4AAB, N2EY and AE1N like this.