Which used radios are now overpriced, being most affected by the FTDX-10?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KE0EYJ, Jan 8, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: l-gcopper
  1. KO4ESA

KO4ESA Ham Member QRZ Page

True. The kenwood thd74 that I have may be worth selling. Seems market value went cracra on it.

N3AWS likes this.
  2. KA0USE

KA0USE Ham Member QRZ Page

no, their widow(er) will put it in the trash as payback for all the years of being ignored and/or
    being taken for granted.

K0UO, PU2OZT, KA4DPO and 4 others like this.
  3. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

I wonder how much I could get for the old Cobra 2000 these days? Them guys always pay stupid prices for stuff.... :rolleyes:

PU2OZT, KA4DPO and KO4ESA like this.
  4. N7NIT

N7NIT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've heard this meme before about the male ham who neglects his wife and family and is resented by his wife. I don't buy it--at least not entirely. I've always been up front with my wife about the interests I had before we got married and she has always respected me for it. Of course, I plan together time for us in addition to hiking/backpacking/radio time for me. Hold on...my wife just handed me some lemonade that has a funny color and smells a bit like bitter almonds. No worries, it must be okay.

N1VAU, KG4RRH, KA4DPO and 6 others like this.
  5. KO4ESA

KO4ESA Ham Member QRZ Page

:)

N3AWS likes this.
  6. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The notion that any used equipment would be overpriced because of an overpriced new radio is nonsensical. How many used radios are over priced because of the Flex 6700, or the Elecraft K4? How many used radios are overpriced because of the Kenwood TS-890S?

Just for the sake of argument, how many FTdx-10's might be overpriced because of the mere mention of a Ten Tec " Ham Radio Death Star"?

KO4ESA likes this.
  7. K2CD

K2CD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I think the TS-890S itself is overpriced for a single receiver rig. If it was priced $1,000 cheaper I'd probably buy one. Until then I'll watch the used market.

WD4ELG, N2OTG, PU2OZT and 6 others like this.
  8. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't know about that, it's a pretty strong contender.

KO4ESA likes this.
  9. K2CD

K2CD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Absolutely. I just think they priced it too high. Strictly a matter of opinion. To me the second receiver was why I went with the Yaesu, and seriously considered the 7610.

N1VAU, KA4DPO and KO4ESA like this.
  10. KI4POT

KI4POT Ham Member QRZ Page

IKR. I bought one used about a month ago for a great price. Looking at recent "sold" listings here on QRZ, I could probably flip it for a profit.

Chris

KO4ESA likes this.