Which is better: Life in the digital era or life before the digital era?

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by KC2SIZ, Aug 22, 2019.

?

Which is better: Life in the digital era or life before the digital era?

1. Life before the digital era

35 vote(s)
    56.5%
  2. Life in today's digital world

27 vote(s)
    43.5%
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. KS2G

KS2G Subscriber QRZ Page

So did I ... for more years than you.
    But the question was whether life was better in those days or these. ;)

2. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

I didn't do an "off grid" vacation. I went tent camping in the central Adirondacks. Please don't slap that "off grid" label on my well deserved and long awaited break from the normal day to day grind.

Yes, I stopped for gas along the way. My 5-liter V8 gets thirsty. In that I had only two weeks vacation and live in northwest CT, hiking the 200 miles to my campsite seemed a bit over-ambitious for this 68 year old.

No, I didn't use a credit card. I don't have any credit cards. I don't need them. I have cash. And cash is king.

Are you done with the interrogation now?

3. K1LKP

K1LKP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

CAST YOUR VOTE.jpg
    =========

K3XR likes this.
  4. KS2G

KS2G Subscriber QRZ Page

Just askin'
    Why so testy?
    :confused:

5. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Allergenic reaction.

6. KF5LJW

KF5LJW Ham Member QRZ Page

Internet is just like dynamite and money. It can be put to good use and an excellent tools to build nations and wealth. Misused or in the hands of evil can topple a nation. Seems to be working at tearing this nation apart.

7. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Evil people will use any means at their disposal to topple a nation that could be one of those means.

8. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Might as well ask which was better, Life before the invention of T.P., or life after the discovery of corn cobs....

9. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

the biggest thing I see wrong with the digital age is all the "zombies" walking around and into things with their life "ruled" by
    stupid phones. Next on the list is the demize of through-hole tech even with the advances that provides. Hard to do homebrew if you dont have the
    those dentist glasses :D Used to be able to tear apart a garbage tv and AM radio to make a HF TX, but then where would DSP & SDR be.
    I think I just dated myself.

WN1MB likes this.
  10. W0AEW

W0AEW Ham Member QRZ Page