Which HDSDR matched to which RSP1A

Discussion in 'Software Defined Radio (SDR)' started by WD4ELG, Sep 7, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. WD4ELG

WD4ELG Ham Member QRZ Page

I have three RSP1A units. I am running three instances of HDSDR.

How do I tell which instance of HDSDR is connected to which RSP1A? I see the serial numbers on the RSP1A units, but I can’t see in HDSDR to tell which unit is assigned to each instance of software.

Thanks,

Mark, WD4ELG

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

You could rename the ExtIO_RTL.dll file to something like ExtIO_RTL_RSP1A-1.dll, ExtIO_RTL_RSP1A-2.dll, ExtIO_RTL_RSP1A-3.dll

Then it would display at the top of the HDSDR Window. Just select the proper .dll file when you start HDSDR.

HDSDR will prompt you for what .dll to use. Just put the .dll files in the same folder as HDSDR.EXE

That would be one (easy) way to do it.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  3. WD4ELG

Thanks Don. The problem (sorry if I am not explaining this before) is that I am running the same EXE file three times for three instances. There is no separate directory or DLL, they are all ExtIO_RTL.dll file.

4. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Can't you specify which dll you want to load?

If you have three differently named (but the same actual file) you just load a different named dll for each instance.

5. WD4ELG

Thanks, Jeff. OK, I was able to give unique names to three DLL's for the RSP1A units.

But how do I know which RSP1A unit (serial number) is running under which DLL?

6. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Doesn't the dll name show up somewhere on the screen? (I haven't used the program in a while and don't recall) like in the top bar as Don mentioned?

7. WD4ELG

Thanks again, Jeff. Yes, it does. I can see the name of the dll at the top of the screen. But I don't know which DLL is associated with which RSP1A. I know that when I run SDRUNO software lets me choose the specific unit, but HDSDR does not indicate which unit the HDSDR instance is attached to. (Why not use SDRUNO? Because I think HDSDR is better.)

8. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey Mark, yeah when I was fooling with sdr a couple years ago I liked hdsdr better also but the reason I gave up on it was because I am too cheap to get a new computer and it didn't run well on XP!

So you've got each RSP on a USB port. When you start each instance does it just pick a port at random then?

9. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

* All HDSDR program options can be stored and loaded per "profile", to ease use of different receivers

Check Out how to setup different profiles. That sounds like what you need to do.

Good Luck.

WR2E likes this.
  10. WD4ELG

Jeff, confirmed...at random.

Don, thanks for that tip. I will do some more reading on HDSDR.