ad: QSKLLC-1

Which first?: 1 KW amp or tribander?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by WD4SEU, Jan 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

You could always put in one of these.... :eek:

Dave
    W7UUU

[video=youtube;AS3fQtSKCTw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS3fQtSKCTw[/video]

2. KL7SG

KL7SG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Dave,

Only in my dreams. :cool:

Yew are the man.

3. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

4. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

5. KB4MNG

KB4MNG Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice System!

6. KD2ACO

KD2ACO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Yeah, Bryan's tower looks really fine. Looking around my NYC sized property, I'm not going to be able to put something like that up. The elements would hang over the next guy's driveway on either side... but a HexxBeam for 20-6m has a 12' turning radius. After reading about how the newbie with an amp and a dipole can cause all sorts of QRM trouble that he doesn't even know about, I'm running my power lower and planning on installing a beam with a rotor next spring. Currently doing research.
    73 chris

7. W0JMP

W0JMP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

In case you have not yet had enough votes, one more for putting up a beam first.

My yagi (20 through 6 meters) is used every day....every single day with about 80 percent of my QSOs (the rest are on 30 or below).

My amplifier is probably turned on about once a week. I use mostly digital and cw modes and the amp is only turned on to work a DX station after trying with 100 watts. If I am patient enough, I can ussually break through with 100 watts.

Conversely, if I were forced to give up my yagi or my amp, the amp would have to go.

Good luck,

Danny, W0JMP

8. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll add to the 'broken record' of reccomendations of getting the beam first. It is amazing the difference. While I do not own one, I have a few friends nearby and have compared signals heard with my dipole up 60-70 feet vs the same sigs at their homes... it is night and day. Someday I hope to add one but my wife is not yet thrilled at the idea of a tall "work of art" on our property.

9. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

If you're living at the address shown here on QRZ.com, you have a 40' tall utility pole at the end of your driveway, overhead utility lines and substantial trees there. If you put a tower in the backyard, probably nobody would see it unless they're flying over in a helicopter.

10. WD4SEU

WD4SEU Ham Member QRZ Page

My house is 600' down that driveway.. In country, no neighbors. Actually on highest hill in county.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.