Which Country has the best Amatuer Radio Opperators ?

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by M0XRZ, Nov 23, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Left-2
  1. M0XRZ

M0XRZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Which country do you thing has the best ham operators. The most polite and patient . That includes good radio etiquette. Giving their call signs every 15 minutes in a QSO, listening for QRP stations, giving correct signal reports. I know a lot of countries speak English as a second or even a third language. Where do the most aggressive hams come from. Answer a pacific country, please do not mention any hams by their call signs, only their country.......

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "QUOTE" : - "The most expensive thing in life is experience" ....... M0XRZ , May 2012.......

2. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd give Japan the trophy. Just had another great example last night. DX stations you can actually have a conversation with!

N1NA, DIPCRYSTAL, K7WFM and 3 others like this.
  3. N1EN

N1EN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

North Korea. You never hear a keyclick or splatter from any P5 domestic operator, they never step on contacts in the pileups, and they never interfere with net operations.

KC9UDX, WR2E, K1FBI and 3 others like this.
  4. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I'd probably go with Japan as well.

Dave
    W7UUU

N1NA and KU4X like this.
  5. KO6WB

KO6WB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yuppers, Japan has very polite and patient operators.
    For the most aggressive, it's a toss up between the good ole USA (by the shear weight of numbers) but per capita you have to give a wink and nod to Italy.

Have fun
    Gary

DIPCRYSTAL likes this.
  6. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll go with Japan as well.

Especially if you like real QSL cards.

7. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

It's almost like they are not there at all.

K2HAT and WA7PRC like this.
  8. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Some of the purtiest QSL cards I've ever received are from Japan. And talk about prolific - what other group will send a new card for every QSO, every mode, every band? I have some callsigns in my QSL collection a dozen times.

But to work JA's on SSB is always a treat - so totally polite and conversational most of the time, provided they have the English skills - which most do in my experience - cuz my Japanese is pretty poor outside of "arigato" :)

Dave
    W7UUU

9. KN3O

KN3O Ham Member QRZ Page

Seems like the JA's are by far the most polite. I have only heard them on websdr's, never made a QSO with one (let alone heard one). But my antenna pattern seems to be pointed NE/SW.

10. SM0AOM

SM0AOM Ham Member QRZ Page

I vote for any country where the words "amateur" and "operators" are properly spelled ...

73/
    Karl-Arne
    SM0AOM

WE4X, KE0IMD, KC9UDX and 5 others like this.