ad: vanity

Which countries allow operation on 30m Phone?

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by VK3OHM, Feb 18, 2020.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. VK3OHM

VK3OHM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm looking for a definitive list of which countries allow operation on 30m Phone. So far I have:

Australia (and its external territories),
    Africa below the equator, and
    Brazil.

Are there any more? I need references, i.e. links to official documents that prove 30m Phone operation is allowed.

2. SM0AOM

SM0AOM Ham Member QRZ Page

Sweden does not segregate or prohibit modes in any bands, and 30 m is no exception.

The only formal requirements are that no spectral components exceeding -26 dB relative to the average power of the transmission must be found outside the band limits, this is actually not stated specifically in the rules, but comes out of the ITU Radio Regulations.

The easiest way to find an official reference is to download this document:

https://www.pts.se/globalassets/sta...lutade_ptsfs-2018-3-undantagsforeskrifter.pdf

and run it through Google Translate.

In 14 § the general conditions currently in force for amateur radio operations are found,
    and in 33 § the provisions for 30 m.

Google Translate has however a quirk, it translates PEP as "beep", which should not be interpreted so that only Morse is permitted. :)

Add: Denmark also permits 'phone on 30 m

https://www.retsinformation.dk/Forms/R0710.aspx?id=211185 , section 4.

73/
    Karl-Arne
    SM0AOM

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  3. PY2RAF

PY2RAF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

4. VK3OHM

VK3OHM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

5. SM0AOM

SM0AOM Ham Member QRZ Page

To my amusement I find that various spectrum regulators are accused of "acting against IARU recommendations".

In reality, modern regulators have a bottomless "round file" for such correspondence.

73/
    Karl-Arne
    SM0AOM