ad: Amateur-1

Which budget transceiver do you like best?

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by WW4LS, Dec 4, 2017.

?

Which budget transceiver do you like best?

1. Yaesu ft dx 1200

4 vote(s)
    3.3%
  2. Yaesu ft 991A

7 vote(s)
    5.8%
  3. Yaesu ft 891

10 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Kenwood 590

18 vote(s)
    15.0%
  5. Kenwood 480 hx

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  6. Icom 7100

5 vote(s)
    4.2%
  7. Icom 7300

49 vote(s)
    40.8%
  8. Alinco DX-SR8T

5 vote(s)
    4.2%
  9. Other post response below

21 vote(s)
    17.5%
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KC3GSV

KC3GSV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

IC 7200

JL1DCA likes this.
  2. K2CD

K2CD Ham Member QRZ Page

Yaesu FT-450D. $679.95 after $100.00 rebate and most vendors offer free shipping. 4.6/5 stars on eham.net. *Three Year* manufacturer warranty to the original purchaser. Very nice rig for the money!

N5CMC likes this.
  3. WD8CYV

WD8CYV Ham Member QRZ Page

a good used ten tec corsair 2 works good and can be repaired and cheap to fit my retirement spare cash

4. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I'll jump in.... I paid a lot more too. "correct price"? What exactly does that even mean???

What is the correct price of anything?

What is the "correct price" for gold? Ribeye steaks? A home? A new car? A good used car? A lime? A Ferrari? A share of Amazon stock? I could go on and on..... "Correct" prices change on a dynamic basis.

People buy things based on their ability to pay, their need or desire for the item, and the current market price which is indicative of what other buyers are willing to pay.

The correct price of any item is what works best for that particular buyer at that particular time.

YES I'm also happy with my IC-7300 - very happy. I paid the correct price. I don't even recall what it was! It was just the correct price that day for me, my needs, and my budget.

50 years from today, the "correct price" for a used IC-7300 may well be less than that of a bad cup of coffee

In 1950 the correct price of an IC-7300 might have taxed the national debt

Dave
    W7UU

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    N7ANN and WD4IGX like this.
  5. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

My grandfather paid the correct price for his RCA Radiola 20.
    upload_2018-1-24_10-4-40.jpeg

I think it was about $50 in 1925.

Today it's worth about $3000 if you can find one.:)

6. W1BR

W1BR Ham Member QRZ Page

7. VE3TMT

VE3TMT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Icom 756PRO, PRO2 or PRO3. The PRO3 is a steal at some of the selling prices I've seen recently.

8. K0UO

K0UO Subscriber QRZ Page

Like it or not the IC 7300 is by far the best bang for the buck and I have them all. Hook it up the HRD and you have it all at a good price.
    K0UO, home of the Rhombic and Vee Beam antenna Farm https://www.k0uo.com/,

9. K1SZO

K1SZO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If by budget you're including radios in the IC-7300's price range, then there you go. That is a TON of radio for the money. If you say less than $1k, I have an FT-450D (paid I believe $530 used) that I have enjoyed quite a bit until I upgraded. Though I haven't used many others under $1k radios. (or other radios in general except the ones I own)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  10. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

I seems that the correct price is even lower than the price I predicted.

W7UUU likes this.