ad: elecraft

Where to source PC board material and such?

Discussion in 'Homebrew and Kit Projects' started by KI5OMM, Aug 6, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
  1. KI5OMM

KI5OMM Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I want to try and build a few simple projects, but I am wondering where do you all get your fiberglass pc board stock from? I am not really interested in acid etching circuits at the moment. I just need the plain board stock or at least some breadboard. I am a rank beginner, so don't laugh too hard. Any other sources for items such as project boxes, knobs, switches, and the other usually needed items also?
    Thanks!

2. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

3. SWL37632

SWL37632 QRZ Member

I purchased some FR4 sheets a few weeks ago from Mouser.

Ditto for high voltage rectifiers, caps, IGBT's, Fet's ....my go to source to check prices and availability.

Another source is Digikey.

20+ WPM 1970's Extra

4. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Amazon, ebay.

N0TZU likes this.
  5. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Amazon has let every “mom and pop” offshore supplier onto their platform now so prototype PCBs are very cheap there. Search on “prototype pcb”.

Prior to that I had ordered from suppliers on Aliexpress. They are still the cheapest but it takes two weeks to get the items via China Post, and probably longer now with Covid.

Check the delivery times on Amazon before ordering because some of the little offshore suppliers ship from China with long delays.

6. SWL37632

SWL37632 QRZ Member

Very true.

If time/delay is important....FYI: My 3 Mouser orders in the past 5 weeks all were delivered in less than 3 business days upon order from stateside warehouses.

WB5THT and KA0HCP like this.
  7. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Electronics Distributors: Mouser, Digikey, Allied Electronics, Newark

-Ebay, Amazon,

-https://www.farcircuits.net/
    FAR Circuits is a small business who has supported hams for decades. He sells supplies, he makes circuit boards for several hundred project designs published in QST, 73, Pop Electronics and others. He can create PCB's for your designs.

-Jamison (great for small project supplies).

WB5THT likes this.
  8. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Laugh? Hardly! You're to be applauded for and encouraged in your experimenting and building endeavors! Far too few amateurs are doing such these days.

Good man.

KI5OMM likes this.
  9. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

Spelled it wrong:
    upload_2021-8-6_11-36-36.png

SWL37632 and KA0HCP like this.
  10. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

"Friends don't let OM's drink and solder".

Save the Jameson's for the 75M nets!
    :)