Where to buy Coax cable, connectors etc.?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KB3EDM, Apr 30, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: QSOToday-1
  1. K1FBI

K1FBI Ham Member QRZ Page

I have 3 runs of their Bury-Flex. Quality stuff that lasts forever.

2. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

Quicksilver for them! ;)

K1FBI likes this.
  3. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

+1. I have their tools and extra blades for RG-8 and 8X series cables. Good stuff.

K1FBI likes this.
  4. KE4OH

KE4OH Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't overlook Amazon, especially if you are a Prime member.

5. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

I think the original post was looking for known good quality , Amazon is a crap-shoot , also with a lot of checking out internet buying selling , I find Amazon's pricing is frequently higher .

6. KB3EDM

KB3EDM Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the replies! Definitely a bunch of places I can check out! It's helpful to have places that you all have had good luck with rather than me taking a shot in the dark with a place I find on a google search.

K1FBI likes this.
  7. W5TTW

W5TTW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Amazon

8. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

I bought 100' of BuryFlex. Then, when I was getting ready to tilt my tower up, I realized I'd need the better part of a 500' spool. Shipping from NH to WA would've cost yuugely. Then, I found DX Engineering's DXE400MAX appeared to be the same stuff for about the same cost/foot. The difference was DXE includes ground shipping for orders over $99. :)

NL7W likes this.
  9. K1FBI

K1FBI Ham Member QRZ Page

Good point! I've bought my share of things from DX and it's been great to watch them grow over the years.

WA7PRC and NL7W like this.
  10. WB0MPB

WB0MPB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I know this is going to get a lot here fired up and come at me with a double barrel shot gun but here goes.
    If I need it very fast I go to Associated Radio because they are not far from me,

And now the place that will get a lot of negative posts is all of my connectors and coax and coax with the connectors on it all ready is eBay. Yes it is all from eBay. I have bought coax with connectors on it for the dipole and 6 meter beam. And I have bought connectors, rotor, tripod and many other things from eBay. It was the best price and every thing I bought was good quality and worked great and i never had any problems with the items.

I might have bought a couple things from Amazon but I don't remember what they were.

So eBay is where I got everything and I was very happy with every thing. I am probably the only one that would buy stuff like this and all my electronic kits I have been getting of all the people on QRZ. I think I ordered about 12 kits and I probably spent about $15.00 for me to have some fun and get through some of the lonely days.

And any time I need to buy something I have to get like a kitchen utensil or vitamins or my stuff I had to buy to make my tub safe to get into like a chair and handrail and my essential oils for my atomizer so my place smells so good LOL (Actually the different scent's other things, I go to eBay and Amazon to compare their prices and then get the best for less.

That is just what I do and wanted to pass that to you @KB3EDM.
    Good luck to you and also being I have been into Associated Radio many times and met the guys and see how they are so helpful and you are allergic to eBay like most are then look them up and see if they have t. If you don't see something you need in their catalog still call them and they might just have it. I forget what it was but I could not find it on the shelves so I ask them and they went to the back room and came back out with one. It is a great store. I love to go in there just to look at everything even though I am not needing anything but I just want to look at everything. I really like to go in once in a while just to look at all the used gear they have. It is fun to look at the old radios they sell. I traded in two radios that had been given to me, to help pay for my FT-450 D. They gave me way more then i expected. So it is a good place.

John, WB0MPB

Last edited: May 2, 2018