Where to buy Coax cable, connectors etc.?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KB3EDM, Apr 30, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KB3EDM

KB3EDM Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello fellow Hams!

I'm wondering of any good websites to purchase coax cable (ex. RG58, by the foot, without connectors) as well as purchase RF connectors (BNC, PL-259 etc.) and adapters? I have found one website I've purchased from in the past; however, they only offer one shipping option which costs $20. I'd prefer not to pay $20 in shipping every time I need to order a few connectors if I can help it.

What are some websites you use to purchase items such as these?

Thanks and 73!
    Dan KB3EDM

2. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

The RF Connector in Gaithersburg, MD. Easy.

KA3CTQ, W3MMM and NL7W like this.
  3. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

RF Parts
    Amphenol
    Mouser
    Pasternack
    Digikey
    Wireman
    Nebraska Surplus

Just a few ;)

4. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Almost. The RF Connection (http://rfconnection.com/) has an awesome selection. :)

DX Engineering (http://www.dxengineering.com/) is another. I buy their UHF fittings when I buy coax from them. They don't have a yuuge selection but, the prices are reasonable and the quality is top notch.

For RG-58 coax, since the 1980s, I prefer the Amphenol #83-58FCP-RFX "Field Crimp Plug" (datasheet):

[​IMG]
    It requires no soldering, and no special crimp tool. I can install one using only a small pair of "pointy" wire cutters. They're perfect for Field Day, etc. If you shop around, you can find them for about the same cost as the soldered 83-1SP plug + UG-175 adapter. RF Parts appears to have 'em for about $3/ea in single lots: http://www.rfparts.com/83-58fcp-rfx.html

NL7W likes this.
  5. KK5JY

KK5JY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have done well at DX Engineering. They have their own branded cables, and most of them have direct-bury jackets, which is quite handy. I have also bought many connectors from them, but I tend to stick with Amphenol for crimped connectors, and you can get those anywhere.

So far, support from DXE has been excellent.

NL7W and KP4SX like this.
  6. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Some sellers offer cable at slightly lower cost. AFAIK, DXE is the only one that includes shipping (on orders over $99). When I needed the better part of a 500' spool of "RG8-ish" coax, I pulled the trigger on their DXE400MAX. :)

NL7W and KK5JY like this.
  7. NK7Z

NK7Z Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Same here, DX Engineering is my cable and connector source... I also buy most everything from them as well...

KK5JY likes this.
  8. K4LMP

K4LMP Ham Member QRZ Page

The Wireman is a good, ham owned, small business. I buy all my connectors and coax from them.

9. N4MTB

N4MTB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Try JeftaTech. Great prices and I'm very happy with the quality.

10. KA5ROW

KA5ROW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

NL7W likes this.