Where in the World is RICHS?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by KD2NCU, Oct 19, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Years ago at my last house in the hills, an opossum hid in our garage and was actually inside a garage cabinet (how he got in there, I'll never know). I opened the door and he hissed at me and showed these sharp teeth.

That reinforced my conclusion that they never should have let two of those on the ark.

KJ4NOO likes this.
  2. W0AAT

W0AAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Have you seen what possum eat? Last one I saw was crawling out the rear of a road killed deer, like he ate his way in through the rear... eat one? NOPE, not happening!

3. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

What frequency does he hang out on normally ?

4. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

Especially if they see Glen---

(Who is RICHS?)

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

5. WB0MPB

WB0MPB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

truly-american-fare-possum-stew.jpg

6. WB0MPB

I had to look that one up and see which it was. I see it is both. Just they are in 2 different countries and the Opossum in the USA is meaner and uglier.
    Opossum.jpg wp-1469032166280.jpeg
    John, WB0MPB

7. WB0MPB

dead-possum.jpg
    John, WB0MPB

W9FTV and KD4MOJ like this.
  8. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Opossums nor Possums are NOT rodents. They are Marsupials.

KD2ACO likes this.
  9. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

I can't totally prove any of this. But, an individual under different aliases has posted his personal email addresses, other personal information, and personal business connections over the years. It always leads back to the same W6 Extra from a location between Los Angeles and San Diego. As far as I can tell, he has had to change his user name several times here and on another ham site. Also, as far as I can tell, this was REASTON shortly before he had to become RICHS. His different user names typically reflect parts of his name.

I'm not a forensics person. I'm a moderator, administrator and/or webmaster on a couple of other sites similar to QRZ. I'm not sure how this individual is able to re-register and stay registered under different aliases. QRZ seems to be running pretty good software. It should catch this.

On these other sites, as moderators and administrators, we get multiple warnings when a banned member's information starts to show up. Sometimes they are immediately stopped when they try to register under a different name. But, certainly after a couple of postings from the same computer, or other computers used to log into these sites, or the same network provider, and a few other things, we shut these people down as soon as we can. This came about because of software we added to detect and block all of the overseas "spam" registrations and ads. One of the unforeseen benefits was that we very quickly located people we had banned who had re-registered under aliases.

This software and these procedures can sometimes be a little overwhelming. It takes us a while to add exceptions. It becomes a minor issue when the office staff and volunteers need to add a new user name for special projects. As moderators and administrators, we get immediate notices that a user has logged in under a "user multiple login".

Ken
    K8KJG

KA0HCP, WG7X and KA9JLM like this.
  10. W1QJ

W1QJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks Like RICHS took off like KJP did a little over a year ago when a few of us ate him up and spit him out.