ad: Schulman-1

Where have you seen ham radio in movies and tv shows?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7TCT, Oct 5, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. KD2PII

KD2PII Ham Member QRZ Page

lol i never imagined there'd be weebs in the ham radio world

2. KC2SIZ

KC2SIZ Ham Member QRZ Page

And of course there is this short 1970s vintage movie about shortwave radio and political instability in Chile.

2E0CIT likes this.
  3. KI7HSB

KI7HSB Ham Member QRZ Page

You'd be surprised...

KG7CSS likes this.
  4. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

5. F5VHZ

F5VHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Tony Hancock, the radio ham, and in Day of the triffids i think the radio station was amateur.

6. W7IMM

W7IMM Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah. That was an EICO 720, no modulator in sight with a MIC plugged into the key jack, and a CB rig on top!

AND don't forget to say OVER, over.

7. KR1STJ

KR1STJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Ham radio was in the Jodie Foster / Matthew McConaughey
    movie "Contact"

Attached Files:

8. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

There was an episode of "Adam 12" where some guy attempted suicide by CO poisoning in his garage. Along the sidewall were two tall racks of radio gear and on the workbench was a couple more pieces of gear. Went by too fast to ID any pieces.to

i think maybe he had tuned across one of " those" frequencies.

9. KJ7OMD

KJ7OMD Ham Member QRZ Page

I can't find the name of the movie, but a family moves into the wilderness to escape the city pollution. When one of their kids get hurt they use a ham radio to call for help. I was pretty little, but this is the seed I have for getting into ham. Only took about 40 years to get my license though.

10. KO4IW

KO4IW Ham Member QRZ Page

Probably 30 years ago, I saw an old black-and-white episode of some show such as the Twilight Zone or Outer Limits which featured a ham radio operator scanning 3 frequencies when he happened upon a transmission from someone claiming to be on the vessel that his father had being on during World War II. The man eventually finds out that his radio is actually transmitting Through Time oh, and he warns the crew that the ship is going to be sunk the following day. He then goes to sleep and wakes up the next morning to find that his father was not killed. A little while later, he also finds that as an unintended consequence, the US is controlled by Nazis. I've been searching everywhere I can think of, but have had no success. Has anyone else any recollection of this?

73s,
    Ben aka KO4IW