Where Have all the Moderarors Gone?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K6UEY, May 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
  1. WF7I

WF7I Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey there Glen. I just figured you were on vacation for the Memorial Day weekend. Thanks for cleaning up the trash!

2. WA5KRP

WA5KRP Ham Member QRZ Page

STH,

It's not on you..........your efforts are greatly appreciated.

WA5KRP
    Texas

3. K9STH

K9STH Ham Member QRZ Page

He would pick a day that I had something fairly important to keep me away from the computer!

People like that really need to be completely ignored. If everyone ignored them then they wouldn't get their "jollys" and they would disappear into the woodwork!

By the way, I understand everyone's frustration. The comments about where were the moderators, etc., are just an expression of that frustration!

Glen, K9STH

4. K6UEY

K6UEY Ham Member QRZ Page

K9STH,
    Glen since I was the one who originated this thread I should comment. My good man you not only had a valued excuse, but you showed up with a note from your doctor,hell Glen even I can't bitch about those circumstances,I hope all went well at your appointment,and thank you for eliminating all the dirty work this guy created. Yes several did encourage him by posting directly to him,which in my limited opinion was the wrong action to be taken,but what do I know.
    Glen that just demostrates how much we count on your guidance, gone one afternoon and the walls of Babble come crashing down,or was that suppose to be Jerico?
    Thanks again for the rescue...........73,   ORV

5. K9STH

UEY:

It was the tower of Babble and the walls of Jerico! At least that is how I remember my Sunday School teachings!

In my opinion, it would be closer to the tower of Babble!

As far as my FDA study goes, the first medicine that I tried was for pain and swelling. That one lasted for 6 weeks and did some good. If they were giving me a placebo, I told them I wanted to know the brand of sugar so that I could go out and buy 100 pounds!

Then, I had to wait a month before going into this study. It is for 6 months. Basically, this is the final test before the FDA approves the treatment for general use. Actually, all the laboratory rats and all of the Federal prisioners lived! Thus, they are trying it on "real" people. I developed a very mild rash that they do not consider to be enough to stop treatment, especially since it is doing some good. However, a woman who started the treatment only 3 days ago had a very serious allergic reaction and they had to stop her immediately! She was in there at the same time as I was today.

The study is being carried out by a research firm that is closely tied in with my rheumatologists. In fact, the staff is the same! Just different offices across the hall from each other.

These types of studies are good, especially if the medicine / treatment does you any good! They actually pay a very small sum to cover your expenses coming down to the hospital, etc. However, they also do a lot of lab work, physicals, etc., all of which would run hundreds of dollars if you have to pay for them yourself. As such, it is a real good deal if you can get "hooked up" with a valid research firm. I guess I make a good guinea pig! They keep wanting me to come back for different studies.

Anyway, I have been feeling a lot better since I started!

Glen, K9STH

6. W5LDA

W5LDA Ham Member QRZ Page

Orv,,,see! it was just a matter of time till he was gone by the wave of Glen's mighty hand. I knew there would be a valid excuse as to why the knothead was allowed to remain on here and not deleted,so that is why i didn't try to make up an excuse. Have a great evening Orv

Larry kd5vsg

7. KD5KUF

KD5KUF Guest

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (K9STH @ May 28 2004,20:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyway, I have been feeling a lot better since I started!

Glen, K9STH[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Glen, you all weren't just sitting around smoking some special hybrid cannabis were you? Texas Tea Leaves? [​IMG] Or is it a new ingredient for beer? Hmmm? [​IMG]

8. K9STH

KUF:

Actually, I don't know! The stuff that I am taking is supposed to be some herb that has been used in China for decades to treat rheumatoid arthritis! The FDA is in the process of approving its use in the United States.

Therefore, who knows! It may be some sort of hemp!

Glen, K9STH

9. KC7JTY

KC7JTY Banned QRZ Page

Good will now prevail over the forces of evil.........(I'm still puffing on those dried cicadas. They have a taste that must be acquired).

10. WA2ZDY

WA2ZDY Guest

Glen, it's good to know the med you are trying is helping. And yes, it's good to have you back at the switch. Glad you're ok.

Thank you for everything you do for us here. And ya know folks, Fred and his team of moderators really ARE here for US. Every time I think I could be a moderator, these guys show me why they are and I'm not.

Good going as always!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.