Where do you hang out?

Discussion in 'Digital Radio, DMR, Fusion, Wires, DSTAR' started by KJ7OMD, Oct 30, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KJ7OMD

KJ7OMD Ham Member QRZ Page

I am looking for a list of channels that everyone can reach to find people.

I hang out on America Link, Alabama Link and Canada Ontario mostly, but scan a lot of channels. Generally where I find friendly people.

2. W4EAE

W4EAE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I will put in a plug for QuadNet. There are multiple links for Fusion, DMR, and D-Star, and various different nets throughout the week.

KQ0J likes this.
  3. KQ0J

KQ0J XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Its pretty hard on DMR isn't it? I second Quad Net, 3112 - Florida , USA , our repeater owner does not allow USA or really busy TG's - ( what do you want quiet? )

4. W9LRM

W9LRM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ysf - illinois link

5. SA4MDN

SA4MDN Ham Member QRZ Page

Down at the Fox and Hound Pub:D

WG8Z likes this.
  6. KK9W

KK9W Ham Member QRZ Page

No. He doesn't want unneeded abuse of the repeater system if it's being unused by people locally. Keeping the repeater active with only of the area traffic is like leaving the light on in your house at night for someone in Europe.

Also, many repeater systems that have the East Coast reflector or large TGs connected often do more to run off locals from using them than use them.

If people can't use the local repeater to talk locally because two guys in NJ are talking about their favorite bubble gum or some long winded pointless net that lasts hours ties it up, people go elsewhere.
    We have such repeaters like that where I am. You will never hear a local on them as long as the links are active.

AG5CK likes this.
  7. KJ7OMD

KJ7OMD Ham Member QRZ Page

This is a plus then for buying your own hot spot, your the only one that will use it and not tie up the repeater. I was only able to connect to our local repeater twice, then it just stopped working, still don't know what happened to it. Had to get a hot spot after that.

8. K8EEI

K8EEI Ham Member QRZ Page