Where do new CW ops come from?

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by N6YWU, Sep 11, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KI5DNS

KI5DNS Ham Member QRZ Page

2. KI5DNS

KI5DNS Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes sir, I've looked those before! I'm very slow minded when it comes to computers. The last time I looked at them was when the second phase of the Raspberry 3's were out! I need to check them out again!
    Have a good one! Brent KI5DNS

3. K2WPM

K2WPM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am working hard to get to 20 wpm because of Joe WA2MCR, an inspiring ham.

David, K2WPM

KI5DNS likes this.
  4. K1LKP

K1LKP Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

DAVID,

JOE IS A TOP NOTCH CW OPERATOR.

GO FOR THE GUSTO AND DON'T STOP AT 20 WPM.

73 - K1LKP

KI5DNS and K2WPM like this.
  5. KF9VV

KF9VV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The draw once seen is the magic of simplicity and the challenge of driving oneself is clear.

Growth of CW comes from finding Elmering opportunities. The first step in Elmering is in sharing the simplicity and joy of challenge through sharing passion.

Elmering is not hard. Answer some emails, some phone calls, maybe bat out some code and just be there for somebody to lean on when they have questions. The rewards are significant.

Jim KF9VV

KI5DNS likes this.
  6. W5AKK

W5AKK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am a new licensee (August 2020). I've always been fascinated by CW. The walkie talkies I had as a child had the code printed on the base just below the speaker and me and my cousin would send code to each other when he visited in the summers. Got pretty decent at it but of course that's all lost on me now :) So here I am now listening to the K6RAU course working my way through it. I started last week and am enjoying it so far. Hopefully it'll stick in this sieve of a brain :D

KI5DNS likes this.
  7. K5TSK

K5TSK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't check in now, but if you do code, the TEX cw net is still going and could use some check ins. 3.541 Mc. at 7:00 PM local. Jim or Randy or Rodney would be thrilled to hear you. Good luck.

KI5DNS likes this.
  8. K1LKP

K1LKP Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

HI HANK,

GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU.

THANK YOU FOR THE HEADS UP ON THE TEX CW NET..........BRAVO..............

http://www.atcweb.com/tsn/Texas_Slow_Net.htm

73 ES HAVE A FUN FILLED WEEKEND

KI5DNS likes this.
  9. K5TSK

K5TSK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks Carmen. I don't think Steve would mind me listing www.k6jt.com as another reference to those nets. 73, sir!

KI5DNS and K1LKP like this.
  10. W2ILA

W2ILA Ham Member QRZ Page

US Merchant Marine! 20 WPM got you a second class commercial radiotelegraph ticket needed to go to sea as an RO. Lots of RO’s were hams. Not sure if it was chicken or egg first. And all deck officers still need 5 wpm blinker light testing.

KI5DNS, KD2RDG and PU2OZT like this.