ad: M2Ant-1

Where are the Nice Hams?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by Guest, May 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

kb3gmm writes "I will begin by stating that I have been a Ham for less them a month and no I have not passed my code test. (I am sure that the people I mean this for have lost interest). I have found a few things since getting my license one is that there are Hams out there who really want to help and the other is there are Hams (and they seem to populate sites like this) who want to only help themselves.

I really wonder if people who make statements like "Dumbing Down" the service really feel that way? I do not feel dumb or think I am. I have been in communications now for over eight years with the Army so I think I can hold my own. Ok maybe I am not used to all the slang and so on but I am learning. Many of the articles printed on this site seem to attack the new Ham. Almost it seems as an attempt to make us want to stop being Hams. Is that your purpose in your postings? I hope not. I am not going to leave I will be here a long time "Dumbing Down" the service, but I am sure that there are those who will not. They will not get help, read articles that put them down and sooner or later will feel alienated because the cannot use morse code. I became a ham for the service of it an the enjoyment of communications not to put someone down. I hope it is the same for you.

I know there are great Hams out there who are not only nice but are true mentors. I know you care. So post some articles hear so that we don't only hear the negative. Make the new guy feel welcome.

Thanks for your time

John Morton"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.