When

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KB9YFI, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-2
  1. KB9YFI

KB9YFI Ham Member QRZ Page

More specifically, 28.000-28.300 MHz: RTTY/Data.

I've got the Element 3 test down, Aced it before. Not worried. -but no reason taking a test until they can actually file the papers with the FCC.

But the rule making Tech/Tech+ one license class confuses me. It looks like to me that it would be effective immediately upon posting back in December or will it take another rule posting sometime in the next few days?

I found a nice SG2020 online cheap. Tested it out in the dummy load and it performs like a champ. I've got a clipped-down lil-wil magmount and some hamsticks coming for future 20 and 40 use. The BuxComm cable seems to be working as I can see some signals on 40 and 20 (but none on 10M although I know of a few other people raring to go nearby that I bet 10 will have some locals on it when Katy Bars the Gate) The radio transmits into the dummy load when the program tells it to.

I don't care about phone -big whoop. Probably will never hook the mic up to this radio. CW gives me a migrane almost as much as milk, soy and peanuts. I won't operate that even with the computer doing the decoding unless I don't have to listen to the annoying sound. Plus I bet a lot of CW ops are not going to stoop to doing a QSO with anyone doing it via a computer anyhow. Probably will put a lilt into their keying to confuse computer CW readers anyhow.

But I really want to do PSK. It's all I've thought about since I realized that Packet on 2M was lame, lame, lame because it was so dead.

But I've seen PSK operated by other hams on field day and it is every bit what I've been wanting to do. I just can't hardly contain myself. My keyboard fingers are twitching just writing this.

WHEN WHEN WHEN WHEN whine WHEN? It has been a MONTH now ;)

Any day folks! It is Jan 15. The press release was Dec 15 -None of us are getting any younger.... The FCC seems to be just another bureaucratic red-tape organization that moves with such slowness. Months go by...

Why can't they just make a decision and DO it? What's with all this waiting? Do they have some sort of big party planned? Who's bringing the cake? (Please no chocolate, that gives me a migrane too)

Digital, digital, digital!

Let's roll.

2. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member QRZ Page

God, not this again!

3. KE5FRF

KE5FRF Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow.
    I will refrain from comment.

4. N8YX

N8YX Ham Member QRZ Page

Where's that darned 'Deceased Equine' pic when ya need it??!!??

5. KE5FRF

KE5FRF Ham Member QRZ Page

Ah, to heck with it, no I won't.

Its not enough that years and years of whining and NCI got the code test eliminated (Something that most hams are willing to accept and adapt to.) But now we have people whining because the new rules haven't been implemented quick enough.

I am fully in the camp of looking at the glass half full. My only concern is the fate of CW on the bands, nothing more. I'm not an OT'er, so I don't have room to complain or worry about the bands being flooded. I don't make the rules, I just abide by them and live with them. But, my GOD man, your about to have an instant upgrade handed to you on a silver platter, and you STILL want to whine?

Geeeesh, I'm really starting to understand the old whiney label that has been put on certain individuals.

6. WZ9O

WZ9O Guest

The new hit song for “newbees”

“Give me my license for nothing…
    And my privileges for free”

7. K0HWY

K0HWY Ham Member QRZ Page

We might as well get use to it folks. Once a technique has been proven to work, there's no reason to stop using it. [​IMG]

8. AG3Y

AG3Y Guest

"Lord, give me patience, and GIVE IT TO ME NOW ! ! ! "

And I suppose the next step will be telling God to "hurry up with those sunspots. . .I want the top bands open, and 'we're not getting any younger' you know! "

[​IMG]

9. KB9YFI

KB9YFI Ham Member QRZ Page

10. K0HWY

K0HWY Ham Member QRZ Page

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... reel him in......bzzzzzzzzzzz.... [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.