When Was Your Last AM QSO?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Life' started by N3AWS, Jul 14, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KI5WW

KI5WW Ham Member QRZ Page

Love this.

2. KI5WW

KI5WW Ham Member QRZ Page

27.185 MHz.......oh wait, never mind.

3. N4CKC

N4CKC Ham Member QRZ Page

It has been a while but my last AM work was in my CB days on 19 and 28

4. K5MIL

K5MIL Ham Member QRZ Page

A few weeks ago.

Bill - K5MIL
    Advanced Class
    AMStation-1.jpg

K0UO likes this.
  5. AD5HR

AD5HR Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm on most Saturday mornings at 7:30 AM local, to check into the
    Texoma A.M. Traders Net on 3.89o , but the summer QRN
    and a low power homebrew rig here, has made it difficult lately.

N3AWS likes this.
  6. WA4NJY

WA4NJY Ham Member QRZ Page

Had a nice AM chat with W0TDH yesterday on 29.010 mc. We both were using ICOM 7300. He was using an amp, I was 20 watts and a dipole.
    If the 10 meter openings start happening, I will put my Ranger and Drake 2-B station together. Can't wait!!

Ed WA4NJY
    Bradenton, Fl

N3AWS and AD5HR like this.
  7. K1LKP

K1LKP Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

8. WB1EAD

WB1EAD Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi all from somewhat steamy hot Maine..the humidity is the pits!!..my last AM contact was Wed 7/14 with K3XR Dan in PA..sig rpts were 5/7 both ways..this was on 29.060MHZ
    BTW Ed NJY in FL I heard you very well but didn't break in as I've worked Tom W0TDH many times over a couple decades..speaking of Tom for those thinking of trying AM..you
    cud call him an AM "beacon" as he is on just about every day on 29.010MHZ..and I think on his new rig he might have a waterfall display just in case ur calling near him..going back thru my log I see a month or so ago multiple contacts with Tom on 29MHZ and a couple others..gotta go back to Dec last year for half a page of 15mtr AM contacts and Nov shows a few 20mtr AM QSOs..I'm actually a DXer at heart but like Tom I DO check the AM preferred spots when there's an opening on 20/15/10 mtrs...73 de DAVE WB1EAD

9. SA6CKE

SA6CKE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

AD5HR likes this.
  10. WB1CDG

WB1CDG Ham Member QRZ Page

Steamy and hot in Maine? I was born and raised there... I'd trade humidity with you in a HEARTBEAT! The midwest is so humid, that I believe all settlers who STOPPED here must have broken down, become stranded, were forced to stop against their will, or they were simply insane. I've been craving Maine "humidity" since moving to the God-forsaken midwest! It's all relative, I guess. ;-) From your call, I bet you were licensed in March-April of 1977, Dave? My last AM QSO was last week -- on 11 meters. When traveling, I find CB more useful than ham radio in my truck. I don't recall EVER using AM on HF. Would love to get my Gonset 2m and 6m AM rigs on the air!
    - WB1CDG

SA6CKE likes this.