When/is Yaesu going to come out with their answer to the Icom 7300?

Discussion in 'Software Defined Radio (SDR)' started by KN6CSB, Feb 15, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K6BRN

K6BRN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Tom (W9WQA). So ... you've never used one? Because there's nothing wrong with it. Just finished banging out another 350 contacts on one, backed by a KPA500/KAT500. Fun to use, never let me down, on the road or at home. SSB, AM, digital, VHF, UHf... And this is the original FT-991, not the "A" version. It's also one of two identical sets I have, among a half dozen radios by various makers, spread across three QTHs. Provides a nice perspective.

Dave (WA7F): Not just the timing - the mix of size, intuitive interface and reasonable performance... at a low price. Also makes a great portable radio for trips.

Brian - K6BRN

2. WL7PM

WL7PM Ham Member QRZ Page

Love to see Yaesu market a fresh new FT-991B...
    I'd be able to buy a used 'A' model for $500

3. K6BRN

Not sure that would happen, price wise. The FT-991A is a "fixed" FT-991, and the FT-991s are still going for about $800 on the used market. And the FT-991s that have survived this far, including my two, do not seem to have any lingering problems.

But a good swap meet bargain is always welcome.

Brian - K6BRN

4. N2ZD

N2ZD Ham Member QRZ Page

“Gee, this is the first time we’re hearing of a problem with our FT-991A”

5. K6BRN

No problem with my 991s (non-A) either. So... just don't worry about it. Great, incredibly versatile radios in a compact package.

6. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

Rumor has it Kenwood is coming out with a new rig....

73, Jim N3AWS

7. K6VOX

K6VOX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Then the IC-705 comes out........ SDR HF/VHF/UHF.... Bluetooth-Wireless LAN and so on , Est price 1141.00 US. Granted its only 10w but a lot of Amateurs use Amplifiers. Projected ETA US March 2020.