When are the good openings coming back...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KB4MNG, Oct 31, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
  1. WW2PT

WW2PT Ham Member QRZ Page

We need more big contests. Everyone knows big contests cause increased F-layer ionization.

KR4YON, N2EY, K8BZ and 3 others like this.
  2. NL7W

NL7W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

When Heck freezes over...

Now for a sincere response, "IMHO, a radical propagation improvement is not likely in our lifetimes."

W4HM and K3XR like this.
  3. AB7RU

AB7RU Ham Member QRZ Page

My indoor 2 watt wspr signal was heard by a station in Rio de Janeiro 10 months ago.

4. WF4W

WF4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

geesh, how old are you??? :)

5. G8ADD

G8ADD Ham Member QRZ Page

I can almost guarantee that next year sometime between May and August there will be a major multi-hop sporadic E event that will put three or four continents in your reach - unfortunately Murphy's Law will make sure that you can't operate that day!

WA9SVD likes this.
  6. NL7W

NL7W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

In this forum, I'm a youngin' in my 50's.

And given the likelihood of a Solar Minimum suppressing our 11-year sun spot cycle peaks for a few decades (3 or 4 decades), I may not live to see another decent cycle peak in my lifetime.

We'll see soon enough.

7. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well CRAP ! - No hope for me,... I'm going on 73 :(

K8BZ likes this.
  8. WF4W

WF4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

well, lets hope not... i dont have a lot of faith in cosmic predictions - not yet enough data to predict another minumum...

9. K8BZ

K8BZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Even now there's a lot to do on the radio. Nov SS CW contest this weekend. I put D68CCC in Comoros in the log on 80, 15, 17 and 12 meters in the past week. There's a lot of domestic and DX activity on the bands if you know when and where to look. Like I need to tell you. You knew all of that before I was out of grammar school, :). 73, BZ

N2EY and W5BIB like this.
  10. KC2SIZ

KC2SIZ Ham Member QRZ Page

You got that right. I wouldn't be surprised if the next cycle comes and goes unnoticed because no one could be bothered to get on the air and call CQ.

VK6APZ, W4IOA, WA9SVD and 6 others like this.