ad: elecraft

When are the good openings coming back...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KB4MNG, Oct 31, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KB4MNG

KB4MNG Ham Member QRZ Page

I was perusing some old logs. Today, back in 2013, there was a tremendous 10 meter opening. I remember I was out in my shop station, talking into Asia for about 3 hours. When is that coming back?

kb4mng

VE6BZR likes this.
  2. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Let me get back to you on that...
    [​IMG]

KJ4VTH, N0VFJ, K0UO and 1 other person like this.
  3. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Am I correct in inferring you have been a ham for at least 6 years?

4. WF4W

WF4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

well, if it follows the typical 11 yr cycle then we'll be on an upswing next few years until the peak in mid 2020's...

i recently did the same - i went through all my old QSL cards from early 90's looking for Japanese QSLs (trying to get their worked all prefectures award) - and was amazed at how many contacts I had with Japan on 10m SSB with 100w and a wire...

5. N8FVJ

N8FVJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Likely 5 years from now. No guarantee the next cycle peak will be strong either.

6. W2AI

W2AI QRZ Lifetime Member #240 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

20 meters has been open into Europe over the past few days from the East Coast.

7. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

With rare exceptions, that is true every day.

W7SJP, W4PG and WE4E like this.
  8. K4EJQ

K4EJQ Ham Member QRZ Page

When folks turn off their skimmers and hook up and use their rigs again!!! K4EJQ

VK6APZ, WB5YUZ, WE4B and 3 others like this.
  9. N3HGB

N3HGB Ham Member QRZ Page

I had 2 meters on while figuring out some DIN connections and the topic for discussion was a nice 10 meter opening to the south the day before. Even in these dark days of wishing *20 meters* was open you'll get something sometime. 10 opens up due south of your QTH when it won't do anything else.
    Way back in the day it was so good I could connect to a packet BBS in South Africa and then back to Maryland. The local one was just outside of my groundwave range, but the 20,000 mile +/- round trip worked a treat :D

10. KT1F

KT1F Ham Member QRZ Page

I worked an Italian on 12 meter CW yesterday.