whats your

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by VA7AAX, Feb 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. VA7AAX

VA7AAX Ham Member QRZ Page

mine is a slow 6 WPM. increasing it on a program ''JUST LEARN MORSE CODE

2. KB1LQC

KB1LQC Guest

Mine is between 15 and 20 WPM ragchew and contest... 20 - 30 WPM

3. KB1LQD

KB1LQD Ham Member QRZ Page

use to be up to 15 or 20 wpm... but then got involved with something called the "College application proccess" haha... Im down to about 10 or so wpm working my way back up.... My best advice, when copying code, start to learn to lag behind characters, and increase the lag everyso often, this will teach you to "Blackboard" it (Maybe whiteboard it nowdays, you know, dry earse markers???) and you will learn to copy it without wrighting it down! once you reach a certian speed you'll hear syllables and words, not letters...

4. VA7AAX

VA7AAX Ham Member QRZ Page

i tried that way of lagging a letter at about 15 WPM and it worked .......but that was shortlived . i got overconfidence and i let go of about 10 characters!

5. KD5ZER

KD5ZER Guest

My ragchew speed is about 13wpm. Contest is about 20wpm.

6. KE5FIX

KE5FIX Ham Member QRZ Page

My copy speed is between 8-20wpm.
    My keying speed is about 8-10wpm.

7. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I qualified at 45 back in around 1980. I'l have to see if I can do it again. [​IMG]

eric

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I am at 10 wpm.
    Got to 15 then school started and lost time to work.

Plan to get my ragchew to 15-20 wpm, would like a solid 20 wpm for contests.
    Need to get some paddles!!!

9. DJ1YFK

DJ1YFK Guest

Transmitting about 60 WpM, receiving plain text up to about 100 WpM, single callsigns (RufzXP) normally up to 150 WpM, in peaks up to 200 WpM.

I started working CW on the bands after my 12 WpM exam in March 1998. By June I was up to 25 WpM, by the end of the year up to 40 WpM. Receicing speed quickly went higher, but for transmitting, there is a "plateau" around 40 WpM where I was stuck for quite a while, maybe a year, before it finally increased noticeably. There were other plateaus earlier, around 15 WpM, but that one was for receiving.

Daily practice is the key to success. Making up a lot of excuses is not. Judging by the time some people spend posting on qrz.com, everyone should be able to take 5 minutes a day for code practice.

10. KE5FRF

KE5FRF Ham Member QRZ Page

What word standard do you adhere to? [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.