ad: vanity

What's your favorite boatanchor?

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by AI3V, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. W2AMR

W2AMR Ham Member QRZ Page

I like em all. :D But my favorite is probably my Johnson 500 transmitter.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

That's a very fine looking shack studio.

3. W2AMR

W2AMR Ham Member QRZ Page

Tnx Charles. :)

4. KC9OWM

KC9OWM Ham Member QRZ Page

I have several that really aren't classified as boat anchors yet. 101e, 101ee, 101ex, kenwood 520s and 820. I guess my true boat anchors would be my swan 350 and power supply with speaker, and my heath kit Comanche and Cheyenne (LOL) moble set, with mobile case. I have a couple of siltronix 1011D's I'm currently currently using my 350 and all of the unstable vfo floating doesn't apply to this one after a 20 minute warmup. Have fun.
    mike

5. AG3Y

AG3Y Guest

I haven't ever had a LOT of boat anchors, but I have operated a few in my time. My favorite setup would still have to be the 75A-4 and the 100V receiver and transmitter that was loaned to me when I stepped up from Novice to Advanced ! I would still have those radios today if I hadn't moved from Illinois to Maryland ! Heavy sigh ! ! !

Right now, I am restoring a set of Kenwood "golddust twins" which really aren't "boatanchors" in the truest definition of the term, since they are solid-state with tubes only in the driver and output stage of the transmitter. But I have always wanted a set, and was thrilled when a VERY GOOD FRIEND of mine, sent the set to me!

One has really not OPERATED a radio set until they have used the Collins and CE equipment! ( especially the CE transmitter - more knobs to twist and fiddle with than you could EVER imagine ! )

6. WA4OTD

WA4OTD Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe my Eico 753 qualifies, really the only old boat anchor I had. I had hit the big time by the time I was using this rig!

7. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

Back in the late 60's I had a working station with a Halli SX101a and EFJ Viking Valliant.
    This took up a whole desktop. Worked really well !
    I added the EFJ VHF converter, 6n2 transmitter with a homebrew power supply and high level AM modulator and the 6n2 VFO for more fun.

8. IK1LBL

IK1LBL Ham Member QRZ Page

My "new" Halli Hurricane !!!

Hi Guys !
    Thats is my new SR-2000, just need some fixing.. BTW im very happy..

[​IMG]

Best 73s to all !!!
    Mario IK1LBL

9. KB2CRK

KB2CRK Ham Member QRZ Page

my favorite boatanchor that i currently have is a heathkit hw-101 which i use on a regular basis.

10. PH5E

PH5E Ham Member QRZ Page

I bought a Dutch military GRC-3030 a couple of days ago. That would have to be my new favorite rig. It does about 10W in CW and AM and covers 2-12 Mc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.