What's Up With Alinco?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N6TDG, Nov 8, 2019.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. N6TDG

N6TDG Ham Member QRZ Page

Went to the Alinco.com site and it is gone! The Retronix (sp) site is still up, but the main Alinco site is missing with the website having been expired. Just a glitch, or did Anytone purchase Alinco? I do know that some of the Alinco H/Ts were being made with Anytone insides. Funny, I was just checking out the alinco site a few days ago. Any rumors, or just a case of someone dropping the ball?

2. N6TDG

the Alinco.co.jp site is not coming up either. Brief flash of 404 then nothing. Weird.

3. W4RAV

W4RAV Ham Member QRZ Page

I get the same thing here. "Domain expired."

alincodomainexpired001.JPG

4. WA2CWA

WA2CWA Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like it just got updated on 11/7/19. Probably 12 to 24 hours or less before it becomes "alive" again:
    alinco.com is already registered*
    Domain Name: ALINCO.COM
    Registry Domain ID: 45005_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
    Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.enom.com
    Registrar URL: http://www.enom.com
    Updated Date: 2019-11-07T10:06:00Z
    Creation Date: 1995-11-07T05:00:00Z
    Registry Expiry Date: 2020-11-06T05:00:00Z

5. N6TDG

Well, I can go for that. Although I really haven't seen a website "offline" like that. Maybe they are creating an all new splashy website...sort of a Re-Grand Opening, or something...

6. KE0TNL

KE0TNL Ham Member QRZ Page

I hope so! They're website was always very early 2000's looking.

7. W4ZD

W4ZD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

No serious company would do that. They'd redirect to a secondary site with a message about site down for maintenance, or something similar. And it shouldn't take more than 1 or 2 hours to revise the primary site. They possibly got hacked? Who knows.

W4RAV likes this.
  8. N6TDG

I had trouble bringing up their jp site. a brief page appeared saying 404, and then blank and refused to load. I dunno.

9. N6TDG

Finally I can get their alinco.co.jp site up and evidently they sell scaffolding and exercise equipment. Didn't see any radios.

10. NL7W

NL7W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

KA4DPO and KE0TNL like this.