What's "Unverified seller"?

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by KB7QQ, Jun 3, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: DLSpec-1
  1. KB7QQ

KB7QQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Been watching and using occasionally this website for many years. A very good service...and my thanks to the people who monitor and control the use, for us 'sellers' and 'buyers' and contributors.
    Question to the Moderators: What is this new category of "Unverified sellers"?
    KB7QQ

2. KB7QQ

OK, I see the answer. Where do I access this 'Verified User' page?

3. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

4. KB7QQ

Thank you W7UUU for the help.
    I went to the several windows to TRY to become 'verified'. Too much BS, too much falter-all, too complicated.
    At this time I will remain "UNVERIFIED", but may later try again when the process to become 'verified' is simpler.
    Whatever happened to KISS?
    KB7QQ

5. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

ID Verified is not required anywhere on the site except for Swapmeet. You simply will not be able to post in any Swapmeet forum. You can however post anywhere else you like.

Dave
    W7UUU

6. N2PQW

N2PQW Ham Member QRZ Page

Additional explanation from Fred, AA7BQ:
    "... Phase-In Timetable
    The Verified Member program will be phased into the QRZ Swapmeet with the following schedule:

21 May 2019 - General Announcement (this message)
    1 June 2019 - Verified Users Requirements begin. Non-verified Members may still post, however, their listings will be marked with CAUTION. (sic - now called "Unverified Seller")
    1 July 2019 - Phase-In completed. Non-verified users will not be allowed to post in the Swapmeet

NOTE: Users may opt-out of the Verified user program for the rest of the QRZ site. This means that not having the Verified badge will only prevent you from posting new threads in the Swapmeet. Your privileges in other areas of QRZ, including the discussion forums, will remain unrestricted. ..."

LINK: https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/verified-member-status-requirement-coming.658941/

Cheers All,
    David / N2PQW

7. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

I sure like the two step verification. Once a month I go to re-log in and the number pops up on my phone to enter as a password. No trying to remember or look up one of many passwords I have. It seems to stay logged in more consistently as well. I can dig it!:)

I think the limiting the swap meet forum to only verified members is a good idea.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  8. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Turned out to be far easier to get verified, and use the Google Authenticate app than I thought.

Liking it!

KJ4VTH likes this.