What's the last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Life' started by W7UUU, Jul 9, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WC5P

WC5P Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Doctor Zhivago

Probably about 1967.

W8VTN, KC7JNJ and K8PG like this.
  2. K8PG

K8PG QRZ Lifetime Member #333 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

1 of my favorite’s.

3. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Saw House of Gucci in an AMC theater last Sunday.

Worth the cost of admission and 2-1/2 hours. Excellent casting, Lady Gaga steals the show, Jeremy Irons is terrific and it's good to see Al Pacino on screen again.

4. N1EBC

N1EBC Ham Member QRZ Page

Law Abiding Citizen Last nite.
    nosaj
    N1EBC

W8VTN likes this.
  5. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

Lost 1.5 hours of my life watching The History of Future Folk. How it nabbed a 7.1 rating on IMDB is beyond me; I should've gotten the hint when I saw the gross earnings worldwide was <$18,000.

6. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Kurosawa's Yojimbo. Great samurai movie. A better Western than most Westerns.

F8WBD, SA1CKE and WF7A like this.
  7. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

A couple of days ago I finished watching the 'Get Back' documentary. That was really something, especially from a technical perspective. The whole thing was filmed in 1969 on 16mm cameras, but through new enhancements and reformatting, it was made to look like it was shot yesterday on a 16 by 9 HD system. It was quite amazing to see such candid shots of the group, and get a whole new idea of what was going on back then, and the process that they went through to create some of their iconic songs.

It's over 7 hours long, and parts are quite boring, but it doesn't have any of the typical documentary commentary that is inserted by narrators or famous people, etc. It is simply the actual conversations that were occurring at the practice sessions and in the makeshift recording studio. It is a masterpiece from Peter Jackson, who has directed a few high budget films.

You get to see all of the members of the band and entourage up close and very personal. You get to figure out who Michael Lindsay-Hogg is, and Mal Evans. They show up in a lot of the scenes.

And the smoking! Everyone in the film smokes like a chimney! It looks quite strange in today's mindset. There is even a warning at the beginning that the film contains smoking!

upload_2021-12-3_19-7-42.png

upload_2021-12-3_19-12-53.png

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
    SA1CKE likes this.
  8. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

9. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

10. KA0USE

KA0USE Ham Member QRZ Page

wasabi. jean reno. a long time fave.

[​IMG]