What's the last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Life' started by W7UUU, Jul 9, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Not a movie but a mini-series on Netflix - it's awesome!!

Dave
    W7UUU

locke.JPG

PU2OZT likes this.
  2. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow!

Free!

3. W4HAY

W4HAY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Starting tomorrow, 11/18 at 2:00 AM Eastern on Ovation TV, The Bletchly Circle series, about former employees of MI6 and their life a few years after the war.

Also, on Friday, 11/19 at 7:00 PM Eastern, Windtalkers, about Navaho Marines who used their native language to defeat enemy codebreakers.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  4. W4HAY

If you use Hulu streaming, X Company is a series about an espionage group during WW2 based on a actual Camp X. Several trailers and clips are available on YouTube.

Radio plays a key part of it and the representation is (gasp) pretty accurate. LINK.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  5. W4HAY

"Casablanca", this evening @ 8:00 Eastern on TCM.

F8WBD, K8PG and WF7A like this.
  6. VK3ADZ

VK3ADZ Ham Member QRZ Page

With the new James Bond movie recently released, one local TV channel has been playing all the Daniel Craig series of Bond. Last night was Skyfall, I'm still a sucker for a James Bond flick. It's funny but I grew up with Roger Moore being the first Bond I have ever watched. The charm, it was Bond all the way, I'm sure we all have our favourite Bond, Sean Connery was good, Pierce Brosnan was annoying. Anyhow I'm rambling now, Skyfall is the most recently movie I watched on Telly last night.

7. WA0YDE

WA0YDE Ham Member QRZ Page

Recently watched "The Stepford Wives" (1975 version).
    Where I worked back then, some were referred to as "Stepford Techs". :D

8. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I just watched a 1958 movie called Missouri traveler. It was a fun movie, it was an old movie I’ve never seen. Lee Marvin plays one of the characters in the movie. I think he does a job with his role. The movie is sort of a cross between the quiet man and Pollyanna.

9. W4HAY

Sean Connery defined the first Bond Character and it evolved with time. IMHO, his roles greatly improved once he freed himself from the limitations of the JB mold.
    Daniel Craig is my favorite bond actor. His interpretation is much closer to the Bond of the Ian Fleming novels.
    "Will that be shaken or stirred, Mr. Bond?"
    "Do I look like I give a damn?"

WG7X likes this.
  10. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

We're hoping to make this the last movie ANYONE sees. Hope springs eternal. :)