What's the last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Life' started by W7UUU, Jul 9, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
  1. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

They shall not grow old.

They used forensic lip readers to see what the silent films were saying. Those forensic lip readers were capable of picking up accent as well. Was really something when these people from the first world war went into full color and then you could hear them speak. they also found a way to correct the film speeds. Many of the old films were shot at random film speeds.

WF7A and F8WBD like this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Very cool - where is that showing that you saw it? I am assuming a streaming site? I'd like to watch that

Thanks for posting

Dave
    W7UUU

3. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I just had to have it.... So I bought the DVD online. It is a strange feeling watching it.

W7UUU likes this.
  4. W3TKB

W3TKB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Tuesday the XYL and I went to see the latest offering from Marvel Studios: "Shang Chi - Legend of the 10 Rings". Although I don't remember that particular character from my comic book youth, I do enjoy all (ok, most) of the Marvel movies and it's nice that my wife does as well.

Went to the 4:00 show. There was one car in the parking lot; the theater looked dark. However, doors were open, and there was ONE employee behind the counter. By the time the previews started, one other person came in and sat down. Only three people in a theater that could easily hold 200 or so; the complex has 11 other theaters in it as well. Even though we're both fully vaccinated, we had brought masks just in case it was crowded. No need...extreme social distancing was in full effect.

Hopefully the theater can survive at this level of minimal business until the COVID situation is over. We've lost enough businesses to this pandemic, sure would hate to see the theater close down.

Brando

5. AD5HR

AD5HR Ham Member QRZ Page

Went really old-school.
    12 o'clock High, and Rear Window.

KC7JNJ and F8WBD like this.
  6. KD9LWW

KD9LWW Ham Member QRZ Page

Well weirdly, rewatched Casablanca.

AD5HR likes this.
  7. F8WBD

F8WBD Ham Member QRZ Page

I wonder if the steam has run out of Sup
    Rear Window my favorite Hitchcock film.

AD5HR likes this.
  8. F8WBD

F8WBD Ham Member QRZ Page

"Late Spring"...."Tokyo Story". Japanese....beautiful. Not in a movie theater.

9. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

10. N9LCD

N9LCD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

"The Fighting Lady" by Edward Steichen, 1944.

The technicolor documentary of the second USS Yorktown's shakedown cruise to the Marianas "Turkey Shoot". It confirms Steichen's reputation as one of the top photographers of his era.

Heck, even the outtakes are worth watching.

If any Navy men or military buffs would like a copy, please contact me through QRZ.

KC7JNJ likes this.