What's the last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Life' started by W7UUU, Jul 9, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
  1. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

No... Never watched "Hamilton". I did hear something about the hidden stuff during a PBS review on a podcast. I enjoyed the movie just based on the review. I too, like the Latin rhythms...

KJ5T likes this.
  2. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

White Comanche. Saw it on OTA television (Grit) for the first time. William Shatner plays 2 diametrically opposed brothers. Can't say that I suffered much the past 62 years not seeing it.

3. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

I know it's been around for a few years but recently Netflix put Downton Abby on their list. About halfway into season 2 and enjoying it very much. Just picked up a new 55 inch Sony Bravia 4K flat screen and the quality of both the show video and the TV is amazing.

A the end of a series along with my friend Patty we will each pick the actor we thought gave the best performance. It's going to be very difficult with all the great acting in this series.

The Brits and the Aussies put out some great productions.

4. N7AHE

N7AHE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Took our granddaughter to see Pocahontas when it came out in 1995.

5. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

When you're done with the series watch the movie. And another movie is coming out in the fall. I really enjoyed the series.

KY4GD and K3XR like this.
  6. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Just ordered the Blu-Ray of the movie this afternoon.

You might also enjoy the series...A Place To Call Home.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2258904/

7. KY4GD

KY4GD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Seconded. Also check out The Pallisers. Another genius drama of similar ilk.

8. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

PU2OZT likes this.
  9. K4NWD

K4NWD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I had to quit seeing the movies in the theater after my hearing became too poor to understand the dialog. Now do all my watching on BluRay and 70" 4K. Very thankful for closed captioning.

Last movie watched: Open Range. Worth it for just the scenery and sound track, doubly worth it for the acting. Kevin Costner, Robert Duval and Annette Benning are excellent. Possibly my favorite "modern" western.

F8WBD likes this.
  10. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Got Disney this year. Currently working my way thru the "Marvel Universe" in time line order... Fun films, certainly not serious, just fun to watch... Looking for the Stan Lee cameo's is fun. Too bad he passed away...

KT4PH and WF7A like this.