What's the last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Life' started by W7UUU, Jul 9, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: HRDLLC-2
  1. W2AAT

W2AAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Our granddaughter had her birthday party at one of the local movie complexes in Cary. The movie was "Tom and Jerry, the Movie". It was rated "PG". When I was a kid I watched Tom and Jerry and I do remember some "slap stick" violence, but NOT like the violence contained in this movie. It was an endless stream of violence not only between the main animated characters, but the animated and human support characters as well. In addition to the violence, there was substantial subtle social programming. After watching the movie, I can understand why the theater complex rented out a full theater for a kid's birthday party. No parent in their right mind would pay to take their children to see this "Kids" movie.

The movie earns a solid 0% on the Rotten Tomatoes rating!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
  2. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My wife and I missed movie night the last two Friday nights with other distractions. Sunday night after we finished the yard work and Sunday night cleaning we watched Back To The Future. Believe it or not my wife (who just turned 30 this year) had never seen the movie. She enjoyed it (and of course why wouldn't she, it's a classic!).

3. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

Tonight was Second hand Lions. Way under rated

NE4EB likes this.
  4. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, a most excellent movie, that hardly anyone knows about.

5. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

^ Looks like a fun movie!

6. F8WBD

F8WBD Guest

What's the last movie you saw? Either in a theater or otherwise....

What's the last movie you saw? Either in a theater or otherwise....

Viewed "The Father" last weekend. Anthony Hopkins was brilliant. A difficult and painful movie to watch, but worth the effort.

W4IOA likes this.
  7. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Dodgeball, a 1980s comedy with Vince Vaughn and Ben Stiller.

KT4PH likes this.
  8. F8WBD

F8WBD Ham Member QRZ Page

"Cowboy" on TCM. Saw it on the big screen when originally released . An underappreciated western with Jack Lemon and Glenn Ford.

9. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Watched "In the Heights" on HBO last night. Pretty good, with a bit of a twist ending.

10. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

We watched it on Sunday night, I agree it was pretty good. I am actually a pretty big Leslie Grace fan (discovered her music when I was active in the latin dancing scene). There were certain things that were predictable, in fact I figured out the ending based on some context clues.

Not sure if you were a Hamilton fan, did you catch the easter egg when Nina's dad was on the phone?

I have never made it past 135th street (went to Bill's Place on 133rd my last trip to NYC).