What's the last movie you saw?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Life' started by W7UUU, Jul 9, 2016.

ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

We just went to "Finding Dory" in 3D :) ... at the brand new Century Point Theater at Point Ruston in Tacoma... one of the coolest new "planned communities" we've seen in this area.

SUPER fun but not as good as the original Finding Nemo IMO (sequels seldom are - we all know that!). Got a little long and slow in places, and ended up fairly repetitive nearing the end....

What amazed me most was the 3D is now so "real" in perspective, it's just like 2D!! By that I mean, there was almost zero "let me poke your eye out" hyper-wide 3D of the past. It was just "real" looking.

They also did a lot of very clever mixing of real surfaces such as water and counters and such, that was rendered into the CGI in such a way that "cartoon and reality" just blended perfectly.

The story was just a bit weak - otherwise, it was a really fun movie.

What's the last movie you saw? Either in a theater or otherwise....

Dave
    W7UUU

W7TCT and N7ANN like this.
  2. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

The Jungle Book. (the remake)

I still remember the original like it was last week.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  3. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Probably My Big Fat Greek Wedding. We went and saw that every week for as long as it was playing when it came out.

The owner of the cinema at the time would give free shots of Ouzo to anyone who could yell Opa! loud enough from the bar to disrupt the movie.

4. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Oh I take that back. My sister, manager of a local movie megaplex or whatever they call it, bought tickets and beer for my brother and I for Jurassic Park last year.

Total culture shock for me. I haven't been to that kind of place since the original Jurassic Park was new. Don't think I'll go back.

5. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Funny!! I still love that movie. Didn't see the sequel but wife did - she liked it.

Dave
    W7UUU

KC9UDX likes this.
  6. WB4WHJ

WB4WHJ Ham Member QRZ Page

The last new movie I saw was the original Star
    Wars in 1977. :)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
    KA3CTQ likes this.
  7. W7UUU

Wow!

Well, at least you didn't call it "Star Wars One" - that really riles up the fanaticals :D:D

I saw it too - had a full year and a half to pick the day I wanted to see it - that's how long it ran.

Thought it was dumb and never saw another of the franchise

Dave
    W7UUU

KA3CTQ and N7ANN like this.
  8. WB4WHJ

WB4WHJ Ham Member QRZ Page

The only reason I went was to take my girl friend and her nephew. :)
    I did see the original Jaws also. That was sometime in the 70's also.
    I have not been in a theater since the 1970's .
    I prefer to wait until a movie is released on free Tv. :)
    I have not seen any of the sequels either.
    Bo
    curmudgeon & old crow

9. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

Last night I saw the Australian film, Mental--an apt title since I must've been crazy to watch it to the end. (Big thumbs down.)

Tonight we saw 10 Cloverfield Lane. Meh.

10. KE0RG

KE0RG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Last, any format/device: Leon (The Professional)
    Last in theater: Superman vs. Depressed IronMan... I mean Batman v. Superman

But I've got Jason Bourne, Star Trek Beyond, Suicide Squad, and Mechanic: Resurrection coming up yet this summer... hopefully one of them is worthy of the $20+ each it's going to take to try and enjoy it.