ad: Radclub22-1

What's the best logging application?

Discussion in 'Logbooks & Logging Programs' started by VK7GZ, Oct 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KA9EAK

KA9EAK Ham Member QRZ Page

Another vote for ACLog. It's very easy to use and works very well. Support by both the author and Yahoo group is excellent if you ever have any questions!

Tim
    KA9EAK

2. KB3KCJ

KB3KCJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Ham radio computer logs

I made my own with Microsoft Access. It does everything plus 10% the purchased ones do. If you are familiar with Microsoft Access, it may take a while to create one that does what YOU want it to do, but the rewards of something you do yourself is what the hobby is about.

3. N2CLB

N2CLB Ham Member QRZ Page

i use HRD for norm loging when i am contesting i use, n3fjp software linne then inport it to my HRD log after the contest hope this helps

4. VK7GZ

VK7GZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the replies - they've been helpful.

I have settled on Winlog32 http://www.winlog32.co.uk/

It seems to so everything that I want, without being packed with extra features that I dont need. I particularly like the provision of maps to those willing to pay a small registration fee. It also provides info on DXCC, WAZ, IOTA etc as well as graphs on band/mode usage stats etc etc.

I'll see how it goes over the coming weeks... if I encounter one that is better suited to my needs, I'll post back here.

Cheers. :)

5. KR2D

KR2D Ham Member QRZ Page

I use DXKeeper, part of the DX Lab Suite. It does almost everything I want it to do. I tried most of the other programs mentioned, and found them lacking in one way or another for my needs. DX Lab's user interface isn't the best, but everything is a compromise in one way or another. Someday, I'll write my own logger to do exactly what I want it to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.