Whats my ftdx9000 worth

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KK4SIJ, Oct 9, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Working someone under dubious conditions is partly an acquired skill. Eh?

2. W4ZD

W4ZD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Perhaps. And mostly the antenna. :rolleyes:

3. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

I love it when people quote eBay prices as what other similar radios should sell for too. :rolleyes:

N2EY likes this.
  4. W5IEI

W5IEI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ummm,
    Didn't he say this is the "Contest" model.
    Like $ 3500 new i thought,kind of a stripped down model of the big boy 9000.
    A lot of expensive options though.
    Might be better off to sell the options seperately.

5. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

It is worth what YOU are willing to TAKE for it, not what some stinkpot ham is willing to pay.

K0UO likes this.
  6. KB4MNG

KB4MNG Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, the 7300 seems to be the bench mark what everyone compares too. There was one time you could the the 7300 and a heil mic for around $900, an incredible bargain. The trend is leaning toward the sub $1k radios. Less are looking at the big high end radios. You get so much for your money these days. I remember when the FT 1000 was the radio you would get if you won the lottery.

K0UO likes this.
  7. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't believe this particular model was 10K. The top 9000s got very pricey, but I don't think the Contest model was in that category. ;)

8. KK4SIJ

KK4SIJ Ham Member QRZ Page

The contest is the same as all the other 9000s the only difference is lack of options were others came equipped with and there was a 400 watt model and a tft display the 9000s in general are the same radio

9. KK4SIJ

KK4SIJ Ham Member QRZ Page

The 7300 suckered consumers with visual entertainment i see so many post were hams are taking pictures n videos of the spectrum display and asking each other about unrecognized signals lol its funnie. I think most hams today cant operate a radio without a spectrum display i would like to see the modern day ham tune up ts 520 or a johnson txer the wouldn’t know were to begin haha

10. W4HM

W4HM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I see ridiculously high prices for amateur radio equipment on eBay. I see discontinued equipment selling for much more than the equipment was when new.