Whats my ftdx9000 worth

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KK4SIJ, Oct 9, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

But only in Bo Diddley’s pawn shop.

W2JKT likes this.
  2. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

???? Maybe the 1000 but the ftdx9000 is worth about $3-4k. I bought an ftdx5000 recently for $2500 (pristine condition).

K0UO likes this.
  3. K0UO

K0UO Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree, ftdx9000 $2500 to $4000 with the price dropping.
    The problem is finding somebody who wants to buy it, it's a giant heavy radio you better not have back problems!!! With all the other people getting new SDR radios, I've even seen the Icon 7800 selling for $2000, I still have one of those it doesn't match up to the 7610 for most applications. Did I say, "Theuse radio market price is dropping", it's a great time to be a ham

4. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm curious. just What are "dmu? rxu? 20/30mtu? 40/80mtu?" And what are "pep options/upgrades?":confused::confused:

5. KK0L

KK0L Ham Member QRZ Page

upload_2019-10-9_14-46-21.png

6. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

HMMM. This is QRZ; I'm not sure I should have to go to another site to figure things out. Since ALL are (apparently ) discontinued, the value of the unit is diminished. And the "listing" still does NOT explain what an "MTU" actually does, or is needed.

K0UO likes this.
  7. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

They're Yaesu-isms for expensive, if effective, add-ons.

"The Ultimate Low-Band DXer RF Preselection Filter: YAESU’s Exclusive µ-Tuning! On the lower Amateur bands, the signal voltages impinging on a receiver can create noise and Intermodulation effects that can cover up weak signals you’re trying to pull through. So YAESU’s engineers developed the µ (Mu) Tuning system for the FTDX9000, and it’s now available as an option for the FT-2000/D. Three modules are available (MTU-160, MTU-80/40, MTU-30/20), and these modules may be connected externally with no internal modification required! When µ-Tuning is engaged, the standard VRF (Variable RF Preselector) system is bypassed, but the fixed Bandpass Filters are still in the received signal path.

The µ-Tuning filters utilize a stack of large 1.1” (28 mm) Ni-Zn Ferrite cores, driven through a silver-plated coil assembly by a precision stepper motor. The resulting high Q (typically over 300) provides a very steep resonance peak near your operating frequency. The peak may be adjusted away from your frequency, for even greater protection from a specific station, and a graphical depiction of the µ-Tune filter alignment appears on the front panel of the transceiver. "

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  8. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like everything is discontinued except the mic.

That is a bummer for a <10 year old radio.

K0UO likes this.
  9. W4ZD

W4ZD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Planned obsolescence? I'm happy with 50 yr old radios. A lot of this crap is useful only on receive. Yeah, I can hear it, but can I work it? Doubtful.

10. KI7HSB

KI7HSB Ham Member QRZ Page

It's worth precisely what someone will give you for it.
    No more, no less...

K0UO and N2EY like this.