Whats my ftdx9000 worth

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KK4SIJ, Oct 9, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KK4SIJ

KK4SIJ Ham Member QRZ Page

hello im curious to know the value of my ftdx 9000 contest its has dmu, rxu, 20/30mtu, 40/80mtu, pep options/ upgrades. I do have the box and manuals to go with it any idea for the used radio market??

2. W4ZD

W4ZD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

It's worth about $10, but being a generous soul, I will gladly give you $20 for it, as a magnanimous gesture. :D

3. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Depending on condition, the “contest” version (one of 3 versions) seems to be going for sale in the range of $850 - $1100. Plus shipping costs.

That doesn’t mean that the rig is “worth” that, and of course, there’s some markup involved when the rig is sold by a commercial dealer instead of an individual.

4. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The quick answer? As with all other radio gear, what you can convince some ham to pay for it.

As for what people ask for this model? I've seen hams selling 'em for around 5K. Do they get that much? That I do not know. I would guess more like 1 - 2K

N2EY and NK2U like this.
  5. KC3SWL

KC3SWL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

whatever y
    You will get whatever you can talk them out of . It helps to have a crowbar to open their wallet.

6. KK4SIJ

KK4SIJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I think ill start off asking 3500$ ill jus keep it befor i sell it at 1000$ this rig was 10k or more new i know it has some years on it but still

7. N8FVJ

N8FVJ Ham Member QRZ Page

$1000? Are you kidding. One sold on ebay for $3500 BIN.

8. K0UO

K0UO Subscriber QRZ Page

Since the Icom 7300 came out all radios have dropped.
    Shortly after the 7300 came out I sold a 6700 SDR and a 5000 Yaesu. I saw the handwriting on the wall. This year the 5,000 was for selling new for less than the one I sold three and a half years ago.
    Prices are dropping especially on the higher end Gear that is not SDR.
    If you're in a used radio Market there's some excellent buys that can be had.
    I Just made another post on tube amplifiers, everybody's buying solid state amps and I think you'll see the prices on some really nice tube amps go way down.
    A lot of us old guys had an amp for each band, now with a solid state amp it does it all easily. There are a lot of tube amp and nice HF used rig outt out there. Supply and demand

9. W2JKT

W2JKT Ham Member QRZ Page

In Philadelphia, it's worth fifty bucks.

Including the Icom 7300! I've seen them going for a song on the used market.

K0UO likes this.
  10. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

When?
    Which model?
    What condition?
    What accessories included?

Hey, if two or three yutzes got into a bidding war because of what they thought the rig was worth, and as a result the seller got a bonanza, good for the seller, and too bad for the yutzes.

The value of the rig is not what it was. They’ve gotten older. Newer technologies have entered the market, pushing down the prices of the older used gear. Demand for these rigs has fallen off as well. And IMHO, it was way overpriced in the first place. Not to say it wasn’t a fantastic rig in it’s day, just that it was marketed at a premium price that wasn’t justified.

At the end of the day, the rig is “worth” whatever the seller and buyer agree is a fair price. That price will fluctuate.

N2EY and K0MB like this.