Whats it coming to?

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation' started by N2DTS, Oct 9, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. KA4KOE

KA4KOE Ham Member QRZ Page

I responded to a guy on 40m calling CQ recently going by the name of "Captain Dave". What followed was the most obscene stream of profanity and "CUCKOO" I've ever heard. This guy was not mad at me-------he was Cuckoo for Coco Puffs crazy. Apparently he used CQs as a means to avoid being hammered for broadcasting by the Federated Chicken Chokers. When he finally finished his long stream of profanity and turned it over to me all he had to do at that point is "eat static".

N6YW likes this.
  2. N6YW

N6YW Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Take it easy Monkey Man. You should try a dose of humor in order to offset the starch in your underwear. Lighten up.

KA4KOE likes this.
  3. K4KYV

K4KYV Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

That guy is usually on 75m, around 3843 or thereabouts. About all he does is spew out profanity and political hate speech, interspersed with the word "yowser" after every sentence. I think he has an alcohol problem. I worked him a couple of times on AM back a few years ago when he acted like a normal normal person before apparently going off the deep end. If the FCC doesn't hammer him for his other antics, I don't think he has to worry too much about the "broadcasting" charge. Remember, it took decades before they could get rid of Glenn-boy up in Maine.

4. K4KYV

K4KYV Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

I knew it was inevitable; you know, ever since Watergate, just about every scandal has been referred to in the news with the "-gate" suffix. I remember Wayne Green in an editorial about former FCC bureau chief (and adamant anti-AMer) Prose Walker, referring to "Walkergate" (no, it didn't have anything to do with AM; Green was probably more adamantly opposed to AM than Walker was).

Anyway, maybe a little off-topic for this forum, this latest political eruption has been nicknamed "Pussygate".

Hilarious.

VK4HAT and N6YW like this.
  5. KD2ACO

KD2ACO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

:p:p:p
    Almost fell out of my chair, Fleep!

That's "Yowza Capt'n Dave"...

6. KA4KOE

KA4KOE Ham Member QRZ Page

Condescension and rudeness appear to be "de rigueur" for the individual in question.