WHAT WOULD YOU USE FOR SELF-DEFENSE?

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by KC2UOZ, Apr 20, 2009.

?

WHAT WOULD YOU USE FOR SLEF-DEFENSE?

1. RIFLE

12.1%
  2. PISTOL OR HANDGUN (SAME)

75.0%
  3. ANY BLADED WEAPON (DAGGER, SWORD, ETC...)

2.6%
  4. ANY IMMOBILIZING DEVICE (MACE, TAZER, PEPPER SPRAY, ETC..)

10.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Carb cleaner is GREAT self defense spray!

True story:

A while back I stopped at a yard sale. There were quite a few old tools and such for sale, like at most rural Michigan yard sales. I was checking out an old hatchet when the home owner, a gent in his '70s or maybe even early 80s saw me looking at it. He mentioned that he had a double headed version of the same hatchet he kept in his night stand for protection. I made a comment to the effect that he was too nice a guy and I kept a loaded 3 inch magnum 12 gauge shotgun by my nightstand.

He shook his head and said, 'Nope, no shotgun for me, my friend. The fight doesn't last long enough'.

Did I mention that we have a fairly low crime rate out here?

:rolleyes:

2. KJ6LXX

KJ6LXX Ham Member QRZ Page

I have lots o guns.
    But the most likely situation would be to just grab the nearest heavy (or sharp) object.
    ...and if you happened to be in the kitchen when this need came up....just imagine the possibilities.

3. N0SYA

N0SYA Ham Member QRZ Page

lol a tough old bird!

now as much as i admire the medieval method, the human body holds a lot of blood and that would make an absolute mess of a carpet

"here, carry your friend outside while i call the police, hes getting all over the carpet"

4. KJ6MBY

KJ6MBY Guest

The United States Marine Corps!

And my Khar .40 just in case the Marines are busy.

5. KE4BCF

KE4BCF Ham Member QRZ Page

Should have added SHOTGUN just stand and point in general direction. Might take out a door but the bad guy is
    marked for id. at hospital

6. AG6JU

AG6JU Ham Member QRZ Page

we have infrared security cameras, along with motion detectors.
    so we know , if someone is at front door, back yard , etc. before enter the house, if they do.
    so we have a time to prepare.
    often, attacker sneak in, no time to be ready.
    I heard a story that waking up with gun pointing at their head.
    then have a time to call police, get ready with weapon, survey where intruders are in dark without them knowing.

7. KC2UOZ

KC2UOZ Ham Member QRZ Page

After coming back to QRZ after about a year, I'm glad to see this thread still going strong!!

8. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Baseball bat. 1971 Louisville Slugger. Can't miss with that.

9. WA4OTD

WA4OTD Ham Member QRZ Page

Open wallet, car keys, whatever they wanted. I'm always afraid I would pull a gun and it would be one of my son's coming in at 4AM so I don't even think about trying that strategy now. I do have a loaded 20 gauge hunting gun in my closet but would have to be reallllllly sure before I would pull it out.

10. AG6JU

AG6JU Ham Member QRZ Page

safest place I ever lived was place called Logan, Utah , I went to school there. we never locked our house, I alway left a key in ignition, nothing ever happened.
    however, many people carry concealed weapon there, I know a lot of people who did. everybody got dog , etc.
    I guess nobody want to break into red neck's house.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.