What would you do?

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by KL7AJ, Jan 10, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: FBNews-1
  1. KL7AJ

KL7AJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Watching old Route 66 episodes. I think I need a '61 Corvette. But I'm too old for a midlife crisis. What shall I do?

2. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Get the vett it's a great investment!

3. AG1N

AG1N XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It's not a "crisis" it's a "celebration" - I really miss my C5 'Vette, but my knees just couldn't handle entering and exiting. It was, tho, a FABULOUS road car!

Dennis AG1N

N4DJC likes this.
  4. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

For your location, wouldn't you need one of the rare 4WD versions?

5. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

And in the 1963 RT66 tv show they had a 63 Corvette, it was still a convertible.

6. N1ATS

N1ATS Ham Member QRZ Page

Buy it anyway. You only go around once.

7. K8TUS

K8TUS Ham Member QRZ Page

Buy the Corvette....It's only money and you can't take it with you. I've had Corvettes and my latest is a 2017 Stingray. Been wanting to take the ultimate road trip down Route 66. I just talk about it and never get it Planned. Better do it before it's too late, BUY THE VETTE.

8. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Have a Klondike Bar

[​IMG]

9. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Take the trip.

This meets you right at the very end of Rt. 66, where it would otherwise splash into the ocean.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The trip is 2448 miles of goodness. We've done it, twice. Not in a Corvette, though.
    [​IMG]

WD4ELG likes this.
  10. N9LCD

N9LCD Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't get a Vette! Too many of them around.

Get a Mercedes 450SEL6.9. You'll get a real car with a real passenger compartment and a real trunk. Plus a GERMAN 6.9 Liter / 414 cubes V-8.
    Benz wouldn't disclose the top speed of the 6.9 when they tested it a Nurberring but it was in excess of 160 MPH!!!

Those mechanical MB V-8's out perform their Detroit peers. I had soo much fun with a 4.5 liter Benz that the XYL ruled out the 6.9 as a replacement!