What We Are Up Against

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by AC3P, Oct 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. AC3P

AC3P Ham Member QRZ Page

I was just surfing the net and found this URL

http://www.rollanet.org/~scanni....ext.htm

It lists 120 "CB" channels. Note that channels 100 - 120
    are listed as the low end of 10 meters.

Wonder if they are selling 120 channel radios at the truck stops.

Frank

2. W5ALT

W5ALT Ham Member QRZ Page

Must be some old-time coder HAMS with CW licenses sponsoring that page. Everyone knows that CBers don't operate outside of their allotted channels, because when they operate outside their channels, they are obviously not CBers any more.

You really shouldn't label the abusers of a service with the name of the service. (I just recently learned that and am happy to share the wisdom.) Perhaps you can contact the webmaster of that page and ask him to correct his error?

Thanks and very 73,

3. KI4BGO

KI4BGO Ham Member QRZ Page

What ARE we up against? ....WAY too many threads about CB'ers on 10 meters! [​IMG]

4. AC3P

AC3P Ham Member QRZ Page

My profound apologies. I stand corrected. Of course no law abiding CB'er would be working out of band frequencies.  I must find a new name for the scofflaws who do.

However the purpose of posting this link was to show that there is now documentation that encroaches on the 10 meter ham frequencies.

Frank

5. W5ALT

And they call themselves CBers and their radios CB radios, too.

I am truly shocked!

They must be only from isolated areas, like Baltimore.

[​IMG] [​IMG] 73,

6. AG3Y

AG3Y Guest

If I am not mistaken, the illegal operators have a name for themselves, which we should be able to use without fear of stepping on someone's toes in this ultra "politically correct" society.

Ever heard of "HFers" ? I don't believe that the term was ever meant to mean those of us that operate on 160 - 10 meters ! It came about when someone figured out that 28.XXX was higher in frequency than 27.XXX . Gee, I wonder who that brilliant person was ? ? ?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

73 from Jim AG3Y

7. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Lots of those who are operating illegally call themselves "freebanders". That is what I usually refer to them as.

Glen, K9STH

8. AE6IP

AE6IP Ham Member QRZ Page

in another thread i was taught you call people by the name associated with the frequencies they use, so i guess you'd better get used to calling these people hams.

9. W5ALT

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AE6IP @ Oct. 03 2003,16:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">in another thread i was taught you call people by the name associated with the frequencies they use, so i guess you'd better get used to calling these people hams.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I must not have read that thread. Can you give me the reference?

10. KD4AMG

KD4AMG Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG] why do some folks want to call them &quot; free banders &quot; ?? The radios sure aint free, then antennas arent free, if you get caught you dont get off scot free...an appropiate term might be &quot; 10/11 meter illegal operators&quot;, that eliminates the AMATEUR word being used, also it lets the &quot; law - abiding { contradiction of terms } cb station &quot; not be blamed for the usage of the frequencies. Another term might be to call them &quot; upper 27 Mhz stations &quot;. Call them what you wish, but we will recognise the term rather fast, and know what frequencies you are referring to in an instant. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.