What was your very first "shack" setup?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W7UUU, Jun 4, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K8XG

K8XG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I do not have photos, my Rig was a Rat Shack space command base with full CB receive, plus AM RX ; but only channel 14 TX and Code key ; at that time of life 14 was the Kid's freq..

2. K8XG

K8XG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I think the Bad Azz old Krackin' Hams from the 60s are sorry they were not the 70's Arguments , HA

3. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I posted my HW-16 earlier in the thread, but if you want to get technical about it, this was my first "shack".... I think Santa brought it when I was like 9 years old LOL

Vintage-Sears-Ten-Transistor-Base-Station-AM.jpg

W9RAC, KT4PH, W7TCT and 3 others like this.
  4. N9NY

N9NY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Here you go! 1976

Attached Files:

PU2OZT, KA2CZU, KT4PH and 4 others like this.
  5. DB2MJ

DB2MJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This was my first (permanent) station. I used my TS-830 with an endfed wire antenna for the first few QSO. This wasn't very satisfactory, so I bought a 6m aluminum tube and got a OCF dipole for 40-20-15-10m.

[​IMG]

PU2OZT, KN1M, W9RAC and 3 others like this.
  6. W9RAC

W9RAC Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You are not alone. I was not smart enough to think of that either. 73 Rich

7. KA2CZU

KA2CZU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I might have one buried somewhere... it's one of the things I'll look for "when I'm retired" (I know of 2 boxes in the garage with photos, and
    I know there "used" to be one of the original shack shared by my brother and I.

W9RAC likes this.
  8. KN1M

KN1M Ham Member QRZ Page

Wish I had a pic. HT32B and 75A4 with Dow-Key relay on the wall behind. Old straight key screwed onto a wooden clipboard (remember those?) and stuck under something to keep it steady. Parallel dipole inverted vee for 10-15-40-80 on a R/S TV mast on a chimney mount. Very productive station for a Novice and General at the time.

9. F8WBD

F8WBD Ham Member QRZ Page

I think 1980/81. Kwood TS-520, Ten-Tec Triton IV.
    s-l1600 (2).jpg

N8RKD and PU2OZT like this.